PDA

View Full Version : Ahhh, can’t beat today’s weather up north!

Pages : [1] 2

sillybinaries
01-07-2012, 07:01 PM
I have to say up here in Massachusetts we received a nice weather break. 58 Degrees is unheard of up here in January. Anyway I took the afternoon to do the following on my family’s two Honda’s.

· Wash with Duragloss 901 – Love the cherry smell!
· Use XMT360 spray wax for the first time w/ Cobra jr.
· Use Maguire’s Endurance on the tires
· Klasse AIO on the rims
· Added an additional coat of 845 on the rims

Back in October I did a 80-85% correction on both “2011 CRV maroon, 2010 Pilot black”. I followed the following procedure:

washed with 901
· Groits paint prep
· Clay
· Used my GG6 w/orange 5.5 flat with 205
· Used my GG6 w/black 5.5 with PO85rd
· Washed with 901
· Sealed with power lock with GG6w/red flat
· Waxed with 845 “two coats”

As for holding up, I honestly have to say I do not see any break down with protection as everything still beads up quite nicely. The new XMT360 spray wax is very nice. However I really can’t tell the difference from the Ultimate Quick wax I have been using for some time. Sorry no pictures as it got dark around 3:45. Unfortunately I could not use my new GG3 today...

Anyways, would just like to thank everyone on this forum as I have been having a bunch of fun trying new products and learning from a group of helpful people. :dblthumb2:

Oh yeah, I just received Mikes book yesterday, so will have to start on that... :buffing:

TLMitchell
01-07-2012, 08:15 PM
I have to say up here in Massachusetts we received a nice weather break. 58 Degrees is unheard of up here in January. Anyway I took the afternoon to do the following on my family’s two Honda’s.

<Snip a lot of work...>

Mid 50s in Ohio yesterday and there was still ice & snow halfway down the 500 ft driveway that seemed like a good idea at the time. Due to the trees the sun never hits the middle part of the drive heading back in the woods to my Lair. It was gone today though! WOOHOOOO! Im the MAN

Took 2 out of the 3 bikes for a ride today and over the next couple of days the dresser is going to get some miles on it. Only expecting mid-40s but set the Gerbing's electric clothes on stun and away I go. I can detail in the garage all winter. YMMV.

TL

SkateForGirl
01-07-2012, 08:19 PM
Nice. Here today my car said 62 in long island

SubieTrav
01-07-2012, 08:43 PM
Snowing here in Denver.

alko
01-07-2012, 09:14 PM
Earlier today, when we went to lunch, the car said 68!!!! Are you serious?!?! The clouds rolled in and it got significantly cooler when we got back to the house. It was still nice out so I washed my car. I used the new XMT Gel Shampoo & Conditioner and I must say...thats some pretty good stuff right there!

This weather makes me light-weight nervous. This past year we saw ALOT of natural disasters. The weather has fluctuated here....especially this past week. Warm one day cold the next. :confused:

DaHen
01-07-2012, 09:33 PM
Had hoped to wash and get some of the new XMT spray wax on today. But the sun just didn't stay up long enough to get the car done.

sillybinaries
01-07-2012, 09:35 PM
Snowing here in Denver.

Denver eh? I remember last year I went out to Broomfield for a week. When I left Boston it was 38, when I landed it was -15 OUCH. During the week two feet of snow came in, and by weeks end it was 78. You all get crazy weather out there. The part that I remember the most is great beer, and hard to breath altitude!

RFulmer
01-07-2012, 09:56 PM
Must be nice. I rode a bicycle 131 miles in the pouring rain all day today. But tomorrow is supposed to be nice....looks like some cars need cleaning.

alko
01-07-2012, 09:58 PM
Denver eh? I remember last year I went out to Broomfield for a week. When I left Boston it was 38, when I landed it was -15 OUCH. During the week two feet of snow came in, and by weeks end it was 78. You all get crazy weather out there. The part that I remember the most is great beer, and hard to breath altitude!

Good ole Colorado weather. I can dump a foot of snow in the morning, by late afternoon its all melted and its 65 out.

alko
01-07-2012, 09:58 PM
Must be nice. I rode a bicycle 131 miles in the pouring rain all day today. But tomorrow is supposed to be nice....looks like some cars need cleaning.

Please tell me you were doing this for a marathon....or a charity event....or....training for tour de france.

RFulmer
01-07-2012, 10:04 PM
Please tell me you were doing this for a marathon....or a charity event....or....training for tour de france.

Nope, just for the fun of it. It rained ALL DAY!!! I mean poured, but I had a blast, I really enjoyed the day. I was in some very rural parts of Alabama.

Did I say it rained......I mean RAINED :-) Going down hills it felt like bee's stinging my face.

alko
01-07-2012, 10:17 PM
Nope, just for the fun of it. It rained ALL DAY!!! I mean poured, but I had a blast, I really enjoyed the day. I was in some very rural parts of Alabama.

Did I say it rained......I mean RAINED :-) Going down hills it felt like bee's stinging my face.

whew...you better than me...I would have stayed my arse right in the house LOL!

jpegs13
01-08-2012, 01:48 AM
Took the Lambo out of "winter storage" and took a nice ride. 60* in January.
And to think last year at this time we were into our 3rd storm of the year and 42" of snow.
I love global warming

BobbyG
01-08-2012, 10:10 AM
I was going to start a thread but spotted this one....

It hit 61 at my place and while not your typical January day in MA I couldn't resist takeing advantage of it.

My daughter and I did some exterior detailing on her Elantra. What this translates to is I gave the exterior a thorough washing, dry, spray wax, and cleaned the glass.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/1364/medium/Clean_Car_05.JPG

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/1364/medium/Clean_Car_02.JPG

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/1364/medium/Clean_Car_03.JPG

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/1364/medium/Clean_Car_04.JPG

Then I did some front yard cleanup because I could....:laughing:

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/1364/medium/January_07_Mowing_02.JPG

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/1364/medium/January_07_Mowing_03.JPG

Ech0
01-08-2012, 10:21 AM
Southern Ohio hit the upper 50's. I love this kinda winter. I too took advantage washed my truck. I've mixed one oz. of Aquawax in with my ONR when I washed the truck two outa the last three washes. The truck definitely has some extra bling when done. I got the idea on another site.... I'm not that creative.

The inside gets the attention today. I had my fours dogs in the truck yesterday so time for hair removal. Not as warm but still gonna hit 50 degrees and the sun's shining. I hope this keeps going, definitely abby normal for here.

Edit: Damn, just realized BobbyG was in a T-shirt. Crazy! BTW, car looks great.