PDA

View Full Version : New from California

rsnyder
01-07-2012, 11:37 AM
Hello all! I'm Rodney and I just joined recently. I live in Sonora, CA and have a business with my brother-in-law and wife, S&P Auto Detail & Lawn Care. I have been trying to post some pictures to my gallery but everytime I try, they don't go through and are not in my gallery. I tried 3 times but it's just not working for me. HELP!Feed back please

Mike Phillips
01-10-2012, 05:13 PM
Hello all! I'm Rodney and I just joined recently. I live in Sonora, CA and have a business with my brother-in-law and wife, S&P Auto Detail & Lawn Care.

Welcome to Autogeek Online! :welcome:

I have been trying to post some pictures to my gallery but every time I try, they don't go through and are not in my gallery. I tried 3 times but it's just not working for me. HELP!

Hmmm.... I upload and share more pictures on the Internet than any one I know and I've been doing it for about 10 years, so I have a little experience at working with pictures on the Internet.

The most common problem when someone makes a post like yours are,

1. Using the wrong file name format. Usually there's a "space" in the file name. While "your computer" might recognize and open the picture the "Internet"won't and neither will any photo gallery software.

Examples:

This won't work: my picture.jpg (note the space)

This will work: mypicture.jpg (note there is no spaces between words)

2. The second most common problem is you're trying to upload too large of a file. Modern cameras take great pictures at high resolution but they WAY TOO BIG to upload through most photo gallery software. The solution and being a good steward is to resize your photos before uploading.

I meet people that are on a forum for a little while and then we never see them again and I meet people that are "forum people", that is once they discover discussion forums whether ti be car detailing or any other hobby or topic, they find themselves attracted to forums because of how powerful and useful they are.

If you fall into the last category, then take the time to self-teach yourself how to work with pictures on the Internet. If you're in the first category I probably can't help much...

Check out my article here,

If you're going to be a "Forum Person" on ANY forum, help yourself by learning how to work with picture on the Internet (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/off-topic/40083-if-you-re-going-forum-person-any-forum-help-yourself-learning-how-work-picture-internet.html)

Here's an example of how to,

Crop out the fluff
Resize the photo to 800 pixels wide so it will fit on the majority of monitors without forcing your reader to horizontal scroll.
Upload to the gallery
Insert into a thread.

There's over 100 photos in just this one thread I posted to this forum... (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/pictures-autogeek-s-car-week/42270-1954-ford-f-100-extreme-makeover-process-products-used.html)

:)

tw33k2514
01-10-2012, 05:14 PM
Welcome to AGO!

Mean SS
01-10-2012, 06:46 PM
Welcome