PDA

View Full Version : I've had a good run with car shampoos recently....

Pages : [1] 2 3

WRAPT C5Z06
01-07-2012, 04:06 AM
but I'm back to Dodo Juice Born 2 be Mild! It's a great overall soap. Nice lubricity, good cleaning ability, wax friendly, 800:1, and smells great! No gloss enhancers, so if I want gloss, I'll simply use a detail spray when drying. I also really like how Dodo Juice gives exact dilution ratios of their soaps, none of this 1-2 or 2-3 ounces per bucket of water. I don't like guessing games. :p

EDIT: I should have put this in the product reviews section. Sorry. :)

silverfox
01-07-2012, 05:57 AM
I've tried hundreds of shampoos over the years because I put my money on the maintenance side of the equation instead of on the correction side... Including the dodos. I have not found anything that comes close to Ultima Paint Guard Wash. My second choices are any of the CGs shampoos. I've given away all others.

Wash pads are the second most important purchase for me and nothing I've tried comes close to the Adams synthetic wash pads. I have the same one I bought five years ago and I recently purchase a new one. I can't tell the difference between the two.

WRAPT C5Z06
01-07-2012, 06:05 AM
I've tried hundreds of shampoos over the years because I put my money on the maintenance side of the equation instead of on the correction side... Including the dodos. I have not found anything that comes close to Ultima Paint Guard Wash. My second choices are any of the CGs shampoos. I've given away all others.

Wash pads are the second most important purchase for me and nothing I've tried comes close to the Adams synthetic wash pads. I have the same one I bought five years ago and I recently purchase a new one. I can't tell the difference between the two.
I've never tried UPGW. Does it contain any protection like UWW+? Does it leave anything behind?

I use CG Citrus Wash(orange) for dirty vehicles and before polishing?

Meticulous-Detail
01-07-2012, 07:24 AM
I use DG 501 for maintenance washes and CG CW+G for really dirty cars. Just ordered the Griots MF Chenille wash pads.

Bunky
01-07-2012, 07:27 AM
I have not found anything that comes close to Ultima Paint Guard Wash. My second choices are any of the CGs shampoos. I've given away all others.

What is your criteria? cost, lubricity, cleaning, suds, etc?

Gungho_15
01-07-2012, 08:01 AM
I just got a gallon of Glossworkz AUTO WASH Gloss Booster and Paintwork Cleanser and am very impressed. So far its the best wash I have used yet.

BobbyG
01-07-2012, 08:33 AM
It appears as though we all have preferences but I'm sure if I used any of the ones recommended here I'd be satisfied with the results....:props:

mdb917
01-07-2012, 08:43 AM
:iagree:

Shinoda
01-07-2012, 09:27 AM
Huge fan of BTBM as well, great shampoo!

Robert8194
01-07-2012, 10:34 AM
It appears as though we all have preferences but I'm sure if I used any of the ones recommended here I'd be satisfied with the results....:props:

I have used everything mentioned and I can't tell a lot of difference except smell. They all seem to do a good job of cleaning and the gloss after washing may be something in the product or just the fact that the dirt is gone and the shine is back. Ultima Paint Guard is probably my favorite and seems to have a little more lubricity but I also foam with CG Honey Dew most times so they all work well after that. It seems that shampoo is a lot like wax. Everyone has their preference but they all (by all I mean the products sold by AG) do an adequate job. Sometimes paying more means better results but not always.

pfix
01-07-2012, 01:13 PM
I have settled on Optimum Car Wash soap.I am an Optimum fan in general but as many have pointed out, I cant tell a lot of difference between the different soaps I have bought.

Megs Gold Class is another soap I like that can be purchased over the counter and is reasonably priced.

FUNX650
01-07-2012, 02:27 PM
Dodo Juice Born 2 be Mild! It's a great overall soap. Nice lubricity, good cleaning ability, wax friendly, 800:1, and smells great! No gloss enhancers,

One of the most lubricative car wash shampoos I've ever encountered!! In fact, I've discovered, caution must be taken to thoroughly rinse the car-washing-area to avoid "slippery situations"...Yes...It's that slick!!
Imagine the lubricity afforded while washing your vehicle(s) then.

Like you Mark...I prefer car wash shampoo products without gloss (or other) enhancers.
No: two-in-oners, so to speak.

:)

Bob

Pats300zx
01-07-2012, 03:35 PM
Im stuck on DG 901. I guess I love the smell of cherries. For dirty cars (like today) I reach for CG CWG or Glossworkz. I admit I love Ultima Wash. The suds last forever.

Badboyztn
01-07-2012, 06:33 PM
When I got my car in March, I started with Optimum car wash. Loved it, but bc us car guys are never satisfied, I decided to look around. I went to CG Maxi Suds II, then tried Griot's. I have come back to Optimum with my New Year's Eve order!!! Great lubricity, nice smell, and I recently noticed it is a local Memphis product.

WRXINXS
01-07-2012, 06:45 PM
I have been using Duragloss 901, CG Extreme Body Wash and 1z Einszett Perls shampoo lately and like them all although the Duragloss is certainly the most cost effective and I too like the smell.