View Full Version : All purpose cleaner

Pages : [1] 2

Slacking TJ
01-06-2012, 11:14 PM
Looking for opinions on best all purpose cleaners

Thanks

sparty
01-06-2012, 11:19 PM
Megs APC+. Works quite well and is low cost. There may be better, but the Megs is good stuff.

Sparty

Dr Oldz
01-06-2012, 11:20 PM
Optimum Power Clean is my favorite and can be used from engines to leather and paints SAFELY! It is a bit pricy but worth it's weight in gold. Megs APC+ is also a great choice and a bit more cost effective but I would caution which surfaces it may or may not be safe on unlike OPC.

timaishu
01-06-2012, 11:25 PM
Im really enjoying my OPC.

DARK HORSE
01-06-2012, 11:40 PM
I use both APC+ and OPC. Both work VERY well. As stated above APC+ is definitely more cost effective. I use APC+ on everything but leather and paint. For leather I use a dedicated leather cleaner, and for paint I use P21S TAW or OPC.

tw33k2514
01-06-2012, 11:48 PM
APC+ is my go to. 1:10 on most interior surfaces. 1:15 on leather, and 1:4 for the really tuff carpet stain. For $15/gallon you can't go wrong.

mwoolfso
01-07-2012, 07:57 AM
APC+ is my go to. 1:10 on most interior surfaces. 1:15 on leather, and 1:4 for the really tuff carpet stain. For $15/gallon you can't go wrong.

+4 --- Even have the wife hooked on it for in-house cleaning. Hopefully this gets her away from getting a library of other cleaners she purchases.

A-train
01-07-2012, 08:46 AM
OPC in different dilutions for tires, paint, and interiors.

D.Acker
01-07-2012, 08:57 AM
I've been happy with the EcoTouch APC.

ProMoDe
01-07-2012, 09:35 AM
OPC is the best All purpose Cleaner and yes, it is more expensive. I know that when I grab my spray bottle or put in my wash bucket i'm not going to damage anything, unlike apc+(just my personal experience).

jfelbab
01-07-2012, 09:41 AM
Meg's APC and APC+ are my two go to APC products. My wife also loves them for cleaning projects around the house. She has taken over my supply of APC bottles and the D-line Glass Cleaner too. I really have to get some more spray bottles so I don't have to go looking for them all the time, LOL.

FWIW, the APC+ does a bang up job of cleaning stainless steel appliances according to the boss.

mwoolfso
01-07-2012, 10:02 AM
Meg's APC and APC+ are my two go to APC products. My wife also loves them for cleaning projects around the house. She has taken over my supply of APC bottles and the D-line Glass Cleaner too. I really have to get some more spray bottles so I don't have to go looking for them all the time, LOL.

FWIW, the APC+ does a bang up job of cleaning stainless steel appliances according to the boss.

Cleans BBQ grills with ease... :props:

Robert8194
01-07-2012, 10:24 AM
Another vote for APC+ and OPC. My preference is OPC because I can safely use it on any surface. APC+ plus might also be safe on leather but they don't recommend it. For most cleaning, you can't go wrong with either.

pixelmonkey
01-07-2012, 11:37 AM
OPC wins!

Here are a few helpful links to purchase.

DILUTE IT!
I've been using 10/1 for most cleaning and it's tough enough to cut almost anything.

Optimum Power Clean All Purpose Cleaner 17 oz. New & Improved! (http://www.autogeek.net/optimum-power-clean-apc.html)

Optimum Power Clean™ All Purpose Cleaner 128 oz. Refill New & Improved! (http://www.autogeek.net/128oz-optimum-power-clean-apc.html)

I am sticking with letherique Prestine Clean (http://www.autogeek.net/leprcl.html) for leather cleaning.

as for vinyl or dash, i'm sticking with 303 Aerospace Protectant (http://www.autogeek.net/16oz.html) unless there is something sticky, or just well beyond normal dirt. then the OPC comes out to play.

hope it helps!
chris<pixelmonkey>:D

jfelbab
01-07-2012, 01:34 PM
Another vote for APC+ and OPC. My preference is OPC because I can safely use it on any surface. APC+ plus might also be safe on leather but they don't recommend it. For most cleaning, you can't go wrong with either.

Huh?

D101 APC:
The superior foaming action gently lifts the dirt away while its unique blend of fabric softeners and optical brighteners enhance the look and feel of carpet, upholstery, vinyl and even leather.

D103 APC+:
Meguiars All Purpose Cleaner Plus D103 removes dirt from fabric, carpet, upholstery, vinyl, rubber, leather, and so much more. The low foaming formula lifts dirt and grime out of floor mats, but is gentle enough to safely clean leather.

I've used APC on extremely dirty leather with great results. I prefer the D101 product as it generates a lot more foam and thereby doesn't over wet leather. Not my everyday leather cleaner but when I run up against really neglected leather I use D101 and don't worry about it causing harm. I do test for colorfastness though but have never come across any problem with leather over years of use.

Where did you hear that Meguiar's doesn't recommend it? The quotes I posted come from the labels on their respective jugs.