PDA

View Full Version : How to clean WGDGPS 3.0 from my pads ???

MSC6
01-06-2012, 06:36 PM
I usually use red LC CCS pads to apply WGDGPS but can't seem to clean them afterwards.. No matter what I use I can't seem to get it out of the pad. They clean up a little but there is still sealant on them. I have tried DP pad cleaner, Dawn dish detergent and IPA to name a few. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to clean the pads ? Should I just re-use the pads with "old" sealant on it ? Thanks for any info.. :xyxthumbs:

SonOfOC
01-06-2012, 06:44 PM
Lots of threads on this exact topic lately. Sealants are tough to completely remove from pads/applicators. Do the best you can cleaning, dry them out, and dedicate that pad/applicator for WGPS.

rider9195
01-06-2012, 06:46 PM
Lots of threads on this exact topic lately. Sealants are tough to complete remove from pads/applicators. Best to do the best you can, dry them out, and dedicate that pad/applicator for WGPS.

:iagree:

MSC6
01-06-2012, 06:54 PM
:xyxthumbs:Great, thank you ! I have one strictly for WGDGPS but it bothers me not using a really clean pad. Sorry I'm still learning and a little anal about my car care. hahaha sound familiar anyone ???

Mike Phillips
01-06-2012, 07:16 PM
Read through this similar thread posted 2 days ago...

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/products-guides/44853-xmt-360-tough-clean-pads.html

:)

Bunky
01-06-2012, 07:22 PM
I use OPC and let it sit for a while. I accidentally left a pad with OPC overnight and it had not dried out as feared. The soaking seemed to help and washed out nicely.

Dadillac
01-06-2012, 09:47 PM
I used the WGDGPS in November. I didn't even try to clean the pad. I put the loaded pad in a large zip lock bag and vacuum sealed it. Can anyone tell me if the pad will still be in good shape when I reopen it in April? I assume that it will be fine

Don

Rix6
01-08-2012, 11:26 PM
I used the WGDGPS in November. I didn't even try to clean the pad. I put the loaded pad in a large zip lock bag and vacuum sealed it. Can anyone tell me if the pad will still be in good shape when I reopen it in April? I assume that it will be fine

DonI've sealed loaded applicator pads in ziplocks before, only to later find them with mildew. I haven't tried vacuum sealing them, but I suspect that the mildew that develops is tolerant of low O2 conditions and it would only be a matter of time before some sealed, used pads develop mildew. April isn't that far away. Wrap your bag in a layer of aluminum foil, and put that in another bag, and pop it in the fridge and I'm sure it will be fine in 3 months time.

I don't know if ice crystals would have a negative impact on either open or closed cell foam. I am a bit curious if product laden pads would come out of a freezer unscathed. If so, mildew is never going to grow in there and I would suspect that a well sealed pad might keep indefinitely in the freezer if the frozen product doesn't foul the pad.