PDA

View Full Version : Couple quick thoughts on some popular products.

Pages : [1] 2

tw33k2514
01-06-2012, 06:10 PM
UTTG+

Honestly, for $30 I expected more. I much prefer PERL on my tires. And I am not impressed with it on the trim at all. the car I used it on has some fading, and after probably 20 minutes (2 coats) the fading comes back into sight. The fading is completly covered by other trim products I have used... Probably will not buy this again.

DP Rinseless Wash & Gloss

This stuff is brilliant. I think I like it more than ONR! It smells awesome, the color is just cool, and it feels slicker than ONR. Also seems to leave a little more gloss than ONR. Not better than UWW+ as a rinseless, but much cheaper! Will definitely buy again!

Meguiars Quik Interior Detailer

This might possibly be the best interior product I have ever used. Cleans well, and leaves zero gloss, or grease. Just clean surfaces. Such a pleasure to use. And it does not streak at all. Buying a gallon of this!

So there ya have it..

D.Acker
01-06-2012, 06:16 PM
I can't speak for the first two, but I'm with ya on Meg. QID. I love the stuff!

UTTG+

Honestly, for $30 I expected more. I much prefer PERL on my tires. And I am not impressed with it on the trim at all. the car I used it on has some fading, and after probably 20 minutes (2 coats) the fading comes back into sight. The fading is completly covered by other trim products I have used... Probably will not buy this again.

This stuff is brilliant. I think I like it more than ONR! It smells awesome, the color is just cool, and it feels slicker than ONR. Also seems to leave a little more gloss than ONR. Not better than UWW+ as a rinseless, but much cheaper! Will definitely buy again!

This might possibly be the best interior product I have ever used. Cleans well, and leaves zero gloss, or grease. Just clean surfaces. Such a pleasure to use. And it does not streak at all. Buying a gallon of this!

So there ya have it..

toycar18
01-06-2012, 06:29 PM
UTTG+

So there ya have it..

PERL coated twice is looks amazing. However, UTTG lasts much longer. Just depends on what your looking for. I will be going with PERL once out of UTTG.

XLNTShine
01-06-2012, 07:16 PM
I like the Megs QID as well. You can use that stuff on just about any surface and not worry about it. I like the cleaning the product provides as well. I am a natural look interior product guy, I don't want to know something is on the surface. It does leave me to question if the product does leave any protection though..?

FUNX650
01-06-2012, 07:47 PM
UTTG+
Honestly, Probably will not buy this again.

This stuff is brilliant. Will definitely buy again!

This might possibly be the best interior product I have ever used. Buying a gallon of this!

So there ya have it..

Thanks for your reviews, Ben...

-Probably won't try UTTG+ then.

-Haven't tried the DP Rinseless Wash & Gloss yet...Will have to give it a try.

-I totally agree with your evaluation of Meg's Quik Interior Datailer.

:)

Bob

TornadoRed
01-06-2012, 07:52 PM
That's funny. I think UTTG is the most amazing product I have in my collection.

tw33k2514
01-06-2012, 08:14 PM
That's funny. I think UTTG is the most amazing product I have in my collection.
I know Corey will agree with you. Just not my thing I guess.

cmichael258
01-06-2012, 08:16 PM
I think UTTG is the most amazing product I have in my collection.

+1

mwoolfso
01-06-2012, 08:31 PM
PERL coated twice is looks amazing. However, UTTG lasts much longer. Just depends on what your looking for. I will be going with PERL once out of UTTG.

Very happy with PERL here. Got 2 on BOGO in November and set through 2013! Im the MAN

Bacon
01-06-2012, 08:39 PM
Thanks for the quick review...you peeked my interest with the Meguiars Quik Interior detailer. I have tried the Meguiars Ultimate Protectant Spray but it is far to shinny for the interior. My current favorite is 1Z Einszett Cockpit Premium but I WILL be purchasing the Meguiars....thanks!

Dr Oldz
01-06-2012, 08:53 PM
I agree with UTTG for tires. Not the best IMO. I do however love it for trim!

WRXINXS
01-06-2012, 09:36 PM
So far I like my PERL that I got on BOGO. I am going to use it on my interior for the first time this weekend (Long time 303 aerospace user). I have used it on trim and tires so far and I like it. I also really like that it is water based. Have you tried both the PERL and Meguiars for your interior? Which one do you prefer?

Just got my Wash & Gloss in the mail today. I am going to be using it in the next few weeks. I have heard people like the scent and might like it better than optimum no rinse.

tw33k2514
01-06-2012, 09:40 PM
I have used PERL on interior. I use it for people who like a slight satin look to their interior. It is an excellent interior dressing. I just prefer Megs QID, because I like no added anything. Just like it came from the factory. I find a lot of the people I detail for enjoy PERL. And some like Megs QID. A couple even like their interior super shiny....

Twister
01-06-2012, 10:01 PM
UTTG on tires isn't that great. A couple of applications and it's ok. On soft rubber like the tire on my TA it's no good, doesn't last a week. On my truck tires it's pretty good as far as durability. I think it's great on trim.

I have a bottle of DP Wash & Gloss I haven't used yet but how can anything be as good as UWW? I just love UWW. I have a sample of another product and I hear it's the best. I'll be trying it out tomorrow :)

Meg's interior QD is a great product if you don't like shine for the interior. It's all I use right now

SpoiledMan
01-07-2012, 12:12 AM
UTTG is an awesome product. It doesn't do well on dirty surfaces though. Some tires also don't like UTTG though. You can shine Michelin tire with spit but the tires that came on large SUV's in the mid 00's just soak UTTG up. I love it on everything else I've ever used it on. It's still protecting the spot on my driveway where I spilled some when it first came out. ;)