PDA

View Full Version : Found a new way to clean MF

Grimm
02-27-2007, 10:20 AM
I just wanted to share something that some may have not tried before when washing towels. After using ONR this weekend, I ended up with several pretty dirty towels including my new Walmart WW that was pretty much brown. The couple of times I've washed towels in the past just using detergent, the more soiled spots hadn't come very clean. Well recently my wife got a refill bottle of Spray N Wash with Resolve, so I decided to give that a try. I didn't measure, but put maybe two ounces in a bucket with about two gallons of water. I had about a dozen towels that I put in it, swirled them around for a couple minutes, and then let them soak for a couple hours. By then, the water was black! I wrung out the towels and threw them in the washer. I was amazed how clean they came out! A couple must have had some grease or something that didn't come out, but the rest looked almost brand new, including the WW which was back to white!

bambo2888
02-27-2007, 11:24 AM
ah yes, awesome. im going to try this... question though... whats "WW"?

Grimm
02-27-2007, 11:33 AM
Waffle Weave towel.

bambo2888
02-27-2007, 11:46 AM
does the walmart one actually workf or drying?

Surfer
02-27-2007, 12:46 PM
That's similar to what I do, I have a couple buckets I'll fill with hot water and some APC/Liquid Tide mix, let sit overnight and the water is filled with gunk next day, gets all the chemicals and whatever else is stuck in the towels out. Then I just pop them in the washer.

Grimm
02-27-2007, 01:06 PM
does the walmart one actually workf or drying?
I actually used it as a second drying pass after using a microfiber doing ONR, so it never got that wet to know how well it works. But I've read of many that have used them with good success, and no marring. You just have to go through the batch at the store to make sure you get the softest ones, as sometimes I guess they have some hard edges.

bambo2888
02-27-2007, 01:38 PM
yea, im lucky enough to have gotten a couple guzzlers at DF. I'll try these too if i can find them out the local WM.

Al-53
02-27-2007, 05:08 PM
I use a mixture of Purple power and Cittrus Blast APC's..I mixed them 50.50 in a 32oz spray bottle and when I have bad stains on MF I spray them with the mix...let sit while machine fills...put some Era in the machine and then the MF's..they come out like new...I use that spray to get grease out of my work clothes also...it cuts grease like crazy

AL

Nuke33
02-27-2007, 06:16 PM
Good idea