PDA

View Full Version : Holograms?

shadybreal
02-27-2007, 09:04 AM
I noticed this vehicle yesterday as I left work. It's a fellow teacher's suburban that she got a few weeks ago from a local used car dealer. I told her about it and she asked what can be done to correct. I suggested she take back and show them. Can this be fixed w/ PC, if the dealers won't help her I'll try to do pick up the job. Thanks!

bambo2888
02-27-2007, 09:08 AM
god i hate seeing them on other people's cars. yes, it can be corrected with the PC. this results from a combination of a strong pad and not allowing the polish to break down. the abrasives are still at full abrasivicity when the polish is wiped off. this leaves all of the scratches that the combo. just caused.

unfortunately, this is a common problem i see a lot around town.

Mike T
02-27-2007, 09:38 AM
god i hate seeing them on other people's cars. yes, it can be corrected with the PC. this results from a combination of a strong pad and not allowing the polish to break down. the abrasives are still at full abrasivicity when the polish is wiped off. this leaves all of the scratches that the combo. just caused.

unfortunately, this is a common problem i see a lot around town.
Well put :cheers:

Whitethunder46
02-27-2007, 10:34 AM
I noticed this vehicle yesterday as I left work. It's a fellow teacher's suburban that she got a few weeks ago from a local used car dealer. I told her about it and she asked what can be done to correct. I suggested she take back and show them. Can this be fixed w/ PC, if the dealers won't help her I'll try to do pick up the job. Thanks!

I would of offered to take them out before suggesting to go back to the dealer!!

shadybreal
02-27-2007, 10:39 AM
I would of offered to take them out before suggesting to go back to the dealer!!

yeah I know, but she's a close friend.

bambo2888
02-27-2007, 11:02 AM

lol, exactly what i was thinking.

BanditSRT
02-27-2007, 03:24 PM
That sux man. There are so many high end cars around town here with holograms just like that. Sometimes I wonder what some of these hack-job mobile detailers or dealers are thinking. :confused:

justin_murphy
02-27-2007, 03:26 PM
Bradley,
You will be able to get those out. I will take you some time so just be prepared. Pinnacle's ASR and an EDGE yellow pad will do it. It will finish off LSP ready to on that clear. I've done plenty of these!

Make sure to take after shots! You can do this!