PDA

View Full Version : Pinnacle Swirl Remover

andrew b
01-05-2012, 12:06 PM
Hey Folks,

I have about 3/4 of a bottle of Pinnacle Swirl Remover (not Advanced Swirl Remover, but the version from before the Advanced came out) sitting on my shelf.

I shook it up well, put a little on a foam pad, and it seems to be ok from a product-intact perspective - i.e. it didn't separate, is still that funny mint green color, etc.

My question is where it might fit in with my other polishes/compounds from an aggressiveness standpoint. Other products I have that I suspect are in the same range are Pinnacle ASR and Meg DACP. The ends of the spectrum include Megs 105 and XMT 4, and Carpro Fixer and OptiCoat FP.

If I recall correctly, it is NOT a diminshing abrasive like ASR, is that right? How should it be worked (speed, pad, etc) for best results? I use a PC7424. I hate to waste it...

Mike Phillips
01-05-2012, 02:49 PM
Just use it like any medium cut polish with either a foam cutting or polishing pad and then follow-up with a less aggressive fine cut polish and either polishing or finishing pad.

:)

andrew b
01-05-2012, 03:54 PM
Thanks Mike! That's pretty much what I figured, but wanted to make sure I didn't do anything dumb. IIRC I got both it and a bottle of ASR when Pinnacle first came out with the advanced version, in exchange for writing up a comparison.

Still use the ASR frequently...