PDA

View Full Version : How to get paint off dog's nose??

Surfer
02-27-2007, 01:33 AM
I'm being serious lol, painting the house and she must have sniffed a can or touched something wet b/c her nose is now tan instead of black, looks like a Rudolf the Tan Nosed Reindeer.

Tried to rub it off, its dried on, and she's so finicky lol. Here's my baby before the tan nose transplant (it gets cold in South FL :D ):
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r273/Surfer-Chris/lynardskynard001-1.jpg

klumzypinoy
02-27-2007, 02:43 AM
lol cute dog. Well I don't know what to do about removing the paint =|. Maybe some dog shampoo?

Nica
02-27-2007, 10:07 AM
I'm being serious lol, painting the house and she must have sniffed a can or touched something wet b/c her nose is now tan instead of black, looks like a Rudolf the Tan Nosed Reindeer.

Tried to rub it off, its dried on, and she's so finicky lol. Here's my baby before the tan nose transplant (it gets cold in South FL :D ):

What a cutie, okay now about the cold in South FL...I'll trade you...that goes for the cars as well ;)

ltoman
02-27-2007, 10:55 AM

surfer - give the vet a ring! they will know. can't be the first time that has ever happened!!
lol
i am not even gonna ask!!'
good luck - keep us posted!
lauren;)
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r273/Surfer-Chris/lynardskynard001-1.jpgsurfer - call the vet.this can't be the only time this has happened!

Gary Sword
02-27-2007, 12:37 PM
If it's latex paint I would try getting it off by rubbing it with a wet rag and a little soap. I'm sure she's not going to like it.

Surfer
02-27-2007, 12:40 PM
We used waterbased paint, looks like some of it came off, she must have been rubbing her nose like crazy last night in a towel, the other half is still tan lol. I'm going to try a wet cloth when I get home, if that doesn't work I'll just ask the Vet.

Not sure if I'll be able to do it, Min Pins are lunatics and finicky, almost impossible to hold her still lol.

Adde
02-27-2007, 12:44 PM
i think it will evetually come off you kno kinda like skin on humans the cells regenerate and create new skin all the time

Jimmie
02-27-2007, 12:56 PM
She's a cutie under her covers. Every dog that I've had didn't like having their nose touched. Must be really sensitive. I agree with Garys idea, soap and water. However I was just wondering if something with oils in it might help. Something like peanut butter; mayonaise; butter; etc.

Al-53
02-27-2007, 05:38 PM
Surfer..My dog did the same a few years back...I called the vet and they said vegtable oil ..dad it on a few times and it will lose its adhesion to the skin and animal safe...

Al

Surfer
02-27-2007, 05:41 PM
I think I have some veggie oil at home, I know have Olive Oil.

Nuke33
02-27-2007, 06:07 PM
Dont worrie about it, it will come off sooner or later