PDA

View Full Version : What towel to use when using PB's S&W?

Pages : [1] 2

Whitethunder46
02-27-2007, 12:09 AM
So, what towel do you all use when using PB's S&W, DP's waterless wash, or other cleaning QD's? To clarify, I don't mean rinseless washes, normal QD's(CM, quickshine), or spray waxes.

I could use my nice Cobra deluxe or deluxe jr. towels, but I don't want to get them filty. Since the waterless wipe would be used when the car is inbetween a wash and a QD.

Could I use the smaller Guzzler? Would this work ok even though it's a 80/20 blend?

If not, are there some other larger MF's towels that would work well? Maybe one of those orange/yellow all purpose towels?

Jimmie
02-27-2007, 12:30 AM
If it's a job where the towel will get filthy then it's almost always the yellow all purpose MF. No guilt throwing it away if it doesn't get clean.

2KLS1
02-27-2007, 01:00 AM
I would think you want to use a plush towel to trap the dirt and not drag it along the surface. Just get a set of towels and use them exclusively for S&W, thats how I would do it anyway.

Whitethunder46
02-27-2007, 01:07 AM
I've tentatively added a 6 pack of Cobra Mango breeze towels. 70/30 blend. Not the 80/20 all purpose blend yellow towels.

We'll see what others say.

Surfer
02-27-2007, 01:44 AM
I've tentatively added a 6 pack of Cobra Mango breeze towels. 70/30 blend. Not the 80/20 all purpose blend yellow towels.

We'll see what others say.I don't know if I'd use those, others have said they were very thin and ended up using them just for the interior of rims. Miracle towels should work well, some people have used them even when washing instead of a mitt.

ScottB
02-27-2007, 09:42 AM
general purpose MF or ultra (purple) version. I rather liked the cobra mango's they are thin but soft.

Whitethunder46
02-27-2007, 10:14 AM
What about just getting a pack of those cheaper, fluffy orange Vroom towels from Target?

How fluffy are the 80/20 all purpose Cobra yellow towels?

Mike T
02-27-2007, 11:26 AM
I usually use those bulk MF's you get from Sam's and Costco. Their pretty soft and I use alot of them when washing with S&W. They hold up really well and generally are very soft against your finish.

Whitethunder46
02-27-2007, 11:30 AM
I usually use those bulk MF's you get from Sam's and Costco. Their pretty soft and I use alot of them when washing with S&W. They hold up really well and generally are very soft against your finish.

I'm gonna run to Target to take another look at those fluff orange Vroom towels.

AUdakota
02-27-2007, 11:31 AM
I use the mangos. but I was kinda thinking about those cheapo MF's from target, they had 3 packs marked down to 1.98 yesterday. For that price there almost worth buying to wipe your butt with.

Mike T
02-27-2007, 01:17 PM
I'm gonna run to Target to take another look at those fluff orange Vroom towels.
As long as you just glide your MF over the surface, you should have no problems. Remember, no pressure, just glide.

Whitethunder46
02-27-2007, 02:22 PM
Got back from Target. The orange towels didn't seem as fluffy as I remember. I guess I'm spoiled by the Cobra deluxe and Jr. towels.

However, I did find some other Vroom towels I've never seen before. They were grey in color, and VERY fluffy, like Cobra deluxe fluffy. I picked up 4 of them for 6.99. I'm gonna give them a try with some DP 4n1 waterless wipe.

AUdakota
02-27-2007, 03:23 PM
you inspired me and I went over to target a little bit ago and I picked up two packs of the blue vroom MF's for 1.98 each. Cant beat 4 decent MF's for 4.50. I figure they will be good for 4n1 washes and windows.

Whitethunder46
02-27-2007, 04:10 PM
Cleaned her up a lil bit ago. New Vroom MF with DP's 4n1 waterless.
glass with DP's krsytal vision.
Wheels with same Vroom MF and waterless wash.
Tires AA Gel.
Paint with AW

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-n-shine/4500-why-i-loveeeee-aw.html#post61251

ScottB
02-27-2007, 04:12 PM
Got back from Target. The orange towels didn't seem as fluffy as I remember. I guess I'm spoiled by the Cobra deluxe and Jr. towels.

However, I did find some other Vroom towels I've never seen before. They were grey in color, and VERY fluffy, like Cobra deluxe fluffy. I picked up 4 of them for 6.99. I'm gonna give them a try with some DP 4n1 waterless wipe.

the problem with bulk towels and some store bought packages, is the quality can be very different between two towels of the same color. I have seen some nice Vroom and others, but NEVER had a bad Cobra. ;)