PDA

View Full Version : Best Wax??

LRB0EFG
05-08-2006, 09:49 AM
Not happy with whatever the stuff is that the dealership put on my wife's new Mercedes. I am getting a lot of smears, no matter what I have tried to put on afterwards. It has the MArs Red with clearcoat. Any suggestions on how to get their stuff off and what is the best to put back on? Thanks in advance.

Mike T
05-08-2006, 10:06 AM
You could prep the surface with a good Chemical polish like Pro Polish which should remove the old stuff. Then a coat of WG's Deep gloss sealant or PB's EX-P. Then for your LSP. Pinnicles Liquid Souveran wax or PB's Natty's Blue.

LRB0EFG
05-08-2006, 10:12 AM
Thanks for the info and please forgive my ignorance. Will the polish you mentioned damage the clear coat. I only have a truck and don't have to worry about all of this waxing stuff. Thanks. RB.

BILL
05-08-2006, 10:13 AM
The products listed are clearcoat safe for todays paint.

supercharged
05-08-2006, 10:37 AM
Red Benz, huh? I would polish it with Wolfgang Prewax Polish Enhanser, or Pinnacle Paintwork cleansing lotion, then seal it with Wolfgang Paint Sealant, then apply a couple coats of Pinnacle Souveran. You will be pleased with results - even your dealer will feel jelous.:D This kit will do it just fine - http://autogeek.net/wg8001.html.

LRB0EFG
05-08-2006, 11:08 AM
Thanks to all so far. Looks like I will learn alot from this site.

ScottB
05-08-2006, 06:31 PM
Since Mercedes paint is in normally nice condition, I would use a finishing polish (Poorboys 1.0 SSR or Pinnacles XMT 1 ) as possible and then coat with a sealant or carnuaba. Souveran paste rocks, and you will find no better. That said it is nowhere near as durable (long lasting) as a sealant like Wolfgang or Poorboys EX-P. Here is a note:

sealants --- reflective, glossy, durable
carnuaba waxes --- depth, warmness, wetness

If you choose a sealant then consider Quikshine from Clearkote for weekly cleanups and sprucing after washes, and if a carnuaba is chosen you could use either Quikshine or the ever popular Crystal Mist from Pinnacle.

Excessive Detail
05-08-2006, 08:14 PM
I used the WG sealant on a red xterra once, words can't explain how beautiful the outcome was.

supercharged
05-09-2006, 02:03 AM
By sealing it first, then layering carnauba you will get best of both worlds - durability, and depth. That is if you have enough time to do so.

BILL
05-09-2006, 06:43 AM
Good idea.......when it's your own ride?? You make the time :righton: