PDA

View Full Version : Some Good Drying Towels?

Pages : [1] 2 3

ShineTimeDetail
01-02-2012, 12:27 PM
I need to invest in some new drying towles. I'm not interested in the guzzlers bc I don't have the money to drop on 10 or 15 of these towels. Some times I have 5-10 car washes in a day and that's quiet a few towels to dry the vehicles. I also would like enough towels that I don't have to wash them every night.(and I understand that if I just washed the car it should be clean and I shouldn't have to wash the towel after but rubber trim that is dry gets the towel dirty etc.

Seems that all my micro fibers loose a lot of absorption after about 2-3 washes. I wash on warm, detergent with no softner and about a cup of vinegar.(the vinegar does seem to help with the softness) I wash my towels separate than my other towels(I wash my window and drying towels in the same load)

I don't know if its practical but I would like to spend around $3 per towel.

ShineTimeDetail
01-02-2012, 12:29 PM
I like to use 2 small micro fibers too so I'm not looking for the bigger size the the cobra miracle towel size.

DealerDetailer
01-02-2012, 12:46 PM
Since your sometimes drying 5-10 cars maybe use a Chamois and then follow with a microfiber to pick up the rest of the remaining water?

For microfiber towel I use...
Cobra Deluxe 600 Microfiber Towels, microfiber buffing towels, detailing towels, drying towels (http://www.autogeek.net/cobra-microfiber-towels-trio.html)

The giant towel is outstanding for the large panels and the smaller ones even better for small panels.

I don't know of any good towels that will withstand constant use and washes for $3...those towels usely become my wheel and shop towels.

mswerb
01-02-2012, 12:52 PM
I've been using Meguiar's Water Magnet and can't say enought about it. I found a similar drying towel by Viking sold at O'reilly's.

RFulmer
01-02-2012, 01:28 PM
Chemical Guys towels are usually well reviewed and at a much lower cost. They have some smaller size WW towels too.

One issue with towels looking their absorbancy is washing then with towels that have wax or sealants on them. Wash your drying towels by themselves.

IID
01-02-2012, 01:38 PM
Thou I'm a fan of the GuzzlerHD,I found these to work extremely well:
Carrand Sof-Tool Drip-Stop Drying Towel, microfiber drying towel (http://www.autogeek.net/carrand-drip-stop-drying-towel.html)

toycar18
01-02-2012, 01:41 PM
I would get the absorber synthetic chamois. Keep it clean and the paint will be fine. Or invest in a dryer.

Autopia (pbma company) is starting to carry Chemical Guys products. Hopefully they will add the following ELECTRIC BLOWER JETSPEED DRYER BLOW DRYER (http://www.chemicalguys.com/ELECTRIC_BLOWER_JETSPEED_DRYER_BLOW_DRYER_p/acc_303.htm).

Looks more professional than a leaf blower IMO. Does anyone know how it works?

cpa5oh
01-02-2012, 01:56 PM
I would get the absorber synthetic chamois. Keep it clean and the paint will be fine. Or invest in a dryer.

Autopia (pbma company) is starting to carry Chemical Guys products. Hopefully they will add the following ELECTRIC BLOWER JETSPEED DRYER BLOW DRYER (http://www.chemicalguys.com/ELECTRIC_BLOWER_JETSPEED_DRYER_BLOW_DRYER_p/acc_303.htm).

Looks more professional than a leaf blower IMO. Does anyone know how it works?

I was looking at that blower and emailed Chemical Guys about it - they said it was no good for drying a whole car...that it is only meant for blowing water out of crevices/engines/similar. (If you look at it in pictures with someone holding/using it, it's really small.)

I got a pretty high power leaf blower about a month ago and it was a pain in the ass to try and use...there was no way it was going to dry the car enough to where I didn't need to go over it with a towel, it took longer than using towels would have, and it was awkward as hell to use. By this spring I'm going to bite the bullet and get the Master Blaster.

ShineTimeDetail
01-02-2012, 01:58 PM
Blowers don't work with a rinseless wash or while cleaning the cats the way I do with steam...I need towels.

umi000
01-02-2012, 06:26 PM
I like to use 2 small micro fibers too so I'm not looking for the bigger size the the cobra miracle towel size.

Check out microfibertech or stocktowelsnow - they sell packs of smaller waffle weave towels for about the price you're looking for. Haven't used the towels myself though, so not too sure about the quality.

I was looking at that blower and emailed Chemical Guys about it - they said it was no good for drying a whole car...that it is only meant for blowing water out of crevices/engines/similar. (If you look at it in pictures with someone holding/using it, it's really small.)

I got a pretty high power leaf blower about a month ago and it was a pain in the ass to try and use...there was no way it was going to dry the car enough to where I didn't need to go over it with a towel, it took longer than using towels would have, and it was awkward as hell to use. By this spring I'm going to bite the bullet and get the Master Blaster.

I have something very similar, though somewhat higher RPM (16,000) which I bought locally for about 30 dollars:

http://i44.tinypic.com/295xnus.jpg

On a car with a good LSP, and with a rinseless wash, you can use it to dry the car without using a towel, except for the roof and the glass, which will streak a bit before you get everything off - though nothing a quick QD won't fix.

WRAPT C5Z06
01-02-2012, 07:06 PM
Chemical Guys Sasquatch.

PPLd
01-02-2012, 11:07 PM
I've been using Meguiar's Water Magnet and can't say enought about it. I found a similar drying towel by Viking sold at O'reilly's.

:iagree:
Buy WM in bulk or California Waffle weave drying towel
they are cheap in bulk (6.47 or 8.33 each) and works well.
at 25x36" thats a huge towel that I can get a mid size sedan dry while the towel is still half damp only.
if thats too big for you, just fold it or even cut it as you wish, then you have 2 towels.

D_Nyholm
01-03-2012, 12:50 PM
You can also burly quality microfiber in bulk for a substantially discounted price. I found a guy that does it and haven't really had he need for 50+ towels yet. But was going to order them when the need arose.

ShineTimeDetail
01-03-2012, 12:53 PM
Where do you buy in bulk?

opie_7afe
01-03-2012, 01:34 PM
ive been trying to find a good microfiber seller that sells in bulk for good prices with good quality towels, thinking best bet would be contact a manufacturer in korea or china, what im really wanting is a roll of microfiber to make custom sized towels for myself among other things.i found some 360gsm roll from microfiber tech but im looking for non looped microfiber(like the mf polishing pads) but that is hard to find, best bet would be contact a manufacturer or use microfibertech. wish i could find the manufacturer where all the detailing sites get there towels from......