PDA

View Full Version : Choice to top WDGPS?

Pages : [1] 2

andrew b
01-02-2012, 07:47 AM
Out of these, what would you pick to top WDGPS? Or would you just leave it as is?

Color is Monaco Blue (dark blue metalic), as seen in my avatar.

1) Pinnacle SSII
2) Pinnacle Liquid Souveran
3) P100S

Or should I just leave it as is? Any other thoughts?

BobbyG
01-02-2012, 07:53 AM
Out of these, what would you pick to top WDGPS? Or would you just leave it as is?

Color is Monaco Blue (dark blue metalic), as seen in my avatar.

1) Pinnacle SSII
2) Pinnacle Liquic Souveran
3) P100S

Or should I just leave it as is? Any other thoughts?

It really depends on what you're after...

I think Pinnacle Souveran will give you a deeper wetter look but Pinnacle Signature Series ll is really nice and lasts a bit longer.

andrew b
01-02-2012, 07:55 AM
Thanks Bobby.

I like the wet, dark look. Haven't used the Liquid Souveran for a while, might give it a shot.

Was tempted to get some Fuzion when it was on sale, but couldn't really justify it with these three sitting on my shelf...

BobbyG
01-02-2012, 08:32 AM
Thanks Bobby.

I like the wet, dark look. Haven't used the Liquid Souveran for a while, might give it a shot.

Was tempted to get some Fuzion when it was on sale, but couldn't really justify it with these three sitting on my shelf...

Mistake on my part, sorry.

I failed to see "Liquid Souveran" and was referring to Pinnacle Souveran. While liquid Souveran is a decent liquid wax I much prefer Pinnacle Signature Series ll over it.

P100s is a nice wax but I've never done a side by side comparison to Pinnacle Signature Series ll.

umi000
01-02-2012, 08:33 AM
Leave alone, top with another coat of WGDGPS as needed :)

RTexasF
01-02-2012, 09:26 AM

My thoughts exactly!

andrew b
01-02-2012, 12:29 PM

My thoughts exactly!

Thinking about this seriously as well. The paint looks very good. Part of the idea of topping is to see if it will get any better, part is to satisfy that urge to do something ...:buffing:

Might leave it as for a while and then maybe try the SSII.

Bobby, thanks for the clarification - I know everything I've read says the Liquid Souveran is better on lighter colors. Just thinking of trying it as well, since I have a whole bottle and no light-colored vehicles ... plus just got a free asmple of it with my last order since they were out of what I requested....

umi000
01-02-2012, 06:13 PM
Thinking about this seriously as well. The paint looks very good. Part of the idea of topping is to see if it will get any better, part is to satisfy that urge to do something ...:buffing:

Might leave it as for a while and then maybe try the SSII.

Bobby, thanks for the clarification - I know everything I've read says the Liquid Souveran is better on lighter colors. Just thinking of trying it as well, since I have a whole bottle and no light-colored vehicles ... plus just got a free asmple of it with my last order since they were out of what I requested....

Apply the wax to half the hood or trunk, see if you like the results - if so, you can do the rest of the car, if not, you'll only have done half a panel :)

andrew b
01-02-2012, 07:13 PM
Apply the wax to half the hood or trunk, see if you like the results - if so, you can do the rest of the car, if not, you'll only have done half a panel :)

I tried that once before on my wife's black car, and couldn't see any difference. finished the whole car, and she (and I) could then see it looked better - it had a soft glow to it that wasn't there previously. I think the difference is so subtle at this point that you can't really see the difference on that small a space....

But that sounds like an idea - try 1/2 the hood and see if there is any difference....

And it's a 2-door hard-top cabrio, so doing the whole car isn't that tough....

Blk5.0
01-02-2012, 07:30 PM
Anyone ever top it off with dodo blue velvet?

Bunky
01-03-2012, 07:17 PM
I just applied some WG DPS and will probably put Max Wax over it as a test.

Ron Atchison
01-04-2012, 12:15 AM
Anyone ever top it off with dodo blue velvet?

I have some but haven't used it yet but topping it with Fuzion on a black Z4 is a vey deep wet shine.

Jimmie
01-04-2012, 01:41 AM
Close to a nuba look by itself. I amp it up with WG Spritz Sealant after about four or five washes.

Laura
01-04-2012, 07:54 AM

My thoughts exactly!

:iagree:

My Audi is that same deep blue that often looks black. First of all, I'm assuming you've done an excellent job polishing so your paint is extremely clear. My personal experience (from a lot of failures) is that if your paint isn't clear, then no wax will bring out that depth.

I use DGPS. I really like the depth that provides. And I've tried many, many different waxes on top of that. Honestly, I have a hard time telling the difference between the before wax and after wax. Fuzion and Supernatural might have made the paint seemed a little deeper, but to me the DGPS is what really made the difference. I didn't see enough to justify the cost of those waxes. What I DO normally use is Optimum Spray Wax. It makes it shinier and slicker. Plus, it is so incredibly fast and easy to work with, it makes me enjoy using it as my LSP.

This is my car after 2 coats of DGPS and Optimum Spray Wax...

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/1361/medium/Audi5-2011.jpg

andrew b
01-04-2012, 08:17 AM
Thanks all.

Laura, first off, your Audi looks great!

Yes, I've put in the prep time on the paint - it's about as good as I can get it right now. Spring will see a 2-stage workover that should eliminate the few remaining RIDS.

Kind of agree on the difficulty seeing the difference in waxes once you've got a good foundation and a good sealant applied. I may try the SSII just to satisfy the need to "do" something and see how that works. Can't hurt - worse that happens is I let it wear off or remove it with PPCL and re-do the WDGPS...

Here's a photo...

http://photos.imageevent.com/j_andrew/avatars/websize/IMG_1071_DPP_web.JPG