PDA

View Full Version : Difference between Metro Vacs?

RFulmer
12-31-2011, 08:20 PM
Is the only difference between the Metro Vac & Blow portable and full size the capacity of the container. I mean, do they have the same suction and blow?

I'm thinking of getting the Master Blaster but want a vac too, and if the portable is just as strong then I can get it and save some $$$.

Thanks.

ScottB
12-31-2011, 08:21 PM
MasterBlaster is more powerful with two motors and a blower only.

Shawnw
12-31-2011, 08:22 PM
Is the only difference between the Metro Vac & Blow portable and full size the capacity of the container. I mean, do they have the same suction and blow?

I'm thinking of getting the Master Blaster but want a vac too, and if the portable is just as strong then I can get it and save some $$$.

Thanks.
I'm sitting here trying to decipher the difference as well. I really want a wall mounted unit so I initially was going to purchase the Vac N Blo Wall mount for 189. Then I noticed the SR had a larger capacity and longer hoses for 279. Ok, cool. Then I did a little more reading and the good old fashion Vac N Blo seems to be wall mount capable as well for 249.

What gives?

RFulmer
12-31-2011, 08:36 PM
MasterBlaster is more powerful with two motors and a blower only.

Right, the MB is going to be mine. But I was talking about the V/B Full Size and the V/B Portable. The portable is smaller than the full size but has the same motor and lift capacity.

Bunky
01-01-2012, 06:55 AM
Right, the MB is going to be mine. But I was talking about the V/B Full Size and the V/B Portable. The portable is smaller than the full size but has the same motor and lift capacity.

I went through the same process. They are supposed to be the same motor, same suction, etc. except the smaller unit has a smaller bag capacity. The bags can fill up fairly quickly and suction does drop off somewhat as they fill up.

BobbyG
01-01-2012, 09:59 AM
Not to add additional confusion but what aboutThe Autobahn Wall Mount Max Vac?

Autobahn Max Vac Wall Mount Garage Vacuum, shop vacuum, wall mounted vacuum, auto vac, car vacuum (http://www.autogeek.net/autobahn-garage-vacuum.html)

This seems like quite a vacuum and it's on sale for $199.99...

scrib13
01-01-2012, 11:09 AM
In the same boat, will the vac & Blo at 4hp, get the water off after washing or is the 8hp necessary? As always, I know the 8hp will certainly get it done faster and easier but if the 4hp will get it done, I get the benefit of the vac which I need also.

shoeless89
01-01-2012, 11:24 AM
I haven't used any of the other Metro units but I have the Van 'n Blo. I've used it for over a year now and I LOVE it! The suction is fantastic and the blow feature is really nice too. I wouldn't use it to dry a car, I think you would need the Master Blaster for that. But it does work really well for getting water out of cracks and crevices.

Meticulous-Detail
01-01-2012, 11:41 AM
I used the portable Vac n Blo for the first time yesterday to vacuum and dry a vehicle. I also used the attachments to blow out the vents and interior. Worked very well but on the drying portion didn't quite work as well as the 8hp my bud has, which is to be expected. It does eliminate the need for additional equipment. I happy with it because even with the 8hp you still have to give the car a final wipe.

If you do mobile details the Vac n Blow is great unless have van or truck with a setup. I really like that fact that I was able to vacuum, dry and blow out the interior with just one machine.

shoeless89
01-01-2012, 11:45 AM
Yeah I'm mobile and my detailing vehicle is my 2007 Toyota Corolla so space is at a premium. The Vac n Blo is really small so that helps out a lot!

Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk

Hondaforlife954
01-01-2012, 01:37 PM
With 20% off i think i need to get one too....just dont know what to get!

toycar18
01-01-2012, 01:44 PM
I got the blower for drying. The extra 4 Hp makes a big difference. One of the nicest tools to have in your arsenal. I'm glad I didn't go with the vac n blo. I have another vacuum I can use.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/40879-review-metro-full-size-vac-n-blo-4-0-hp-vacuum.html

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/36412-review-metro-master-blaster.html

A.P.A.D.
01-01-2012, 02:04 PM
is the vac considered a wet/dry vac? i want something to pull from carpets when shampooing.

Meticulous-Detail
01-01-2012, 02:24 PM
is the vac considered a wet/dry vac? i want something to pull from carpets when shampooing.

Nope

bimmer325!
01-01-2012, 04:05 PM
my 2 cents..while the 8 hp may seem like overkill to some..consider this..you have the option to use 1 or both motors..(ie..for more delicate work vs full on water drying) and it uses warm air..which aids as well. For me..I read the reviews and ordered the Masterblaster because it will do my work faster and more efficiently. Something with two motors is usually designed a little more heavy duty..so I believe get more than what you need...so you don't have to need more than you got. Buy once..cry once..as another forum member said.