PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a M105/205 replacement, any suggestions?

CarbonCrew
12-31-2011, 04:45 PM
For quite a while I've been using M105/205 combo from minor to full corrections with favorable results. I have loved its versatility and ability to achieve top notch finishes. I've had one bad experience when using the combo a super soft, Berlina Black S2000. I'm about out of what product I have and I'm tired of the dusting/gumming/etc. So, I'm looking for a change.

I just picked up a 2005 CTS-V in Redline red. It has a very straight body, very little RIDS, but it looks like it was washed with sandpaper and is heavily swirled. I know the correction will take several steps.

I know the paint finishing market changes just as quickly as the technology that supports it, so I feel there should be some better products out there.

What would be your recommendation?

rider9195
12-31-2011, 05:08 PM
Look into the Meguiar's Microfiber Correction system. Low dusting and good results.
Another good duo is the Optimum Hyper Spray Compound and Hyper Polish Spray.
Wolfgang Twins are an option. Total Swirl Remover and Finishing Glaze.
Pinnacle Advanced Swirl Remover and Advanced Finishing Polish.

Badboyztn
12-31-2011, 05:16 PM
Any success with Megs Microfiber and M105... I'm piling up my cart now and I'm indecisive about what to use for swirl removers/rids. I am getting microfiber cutting pads and LC pads as well. Was thinking of cutting what I can with Meguiars and finishing LC pads and Pinnacle Advanced Finishing Polish? Any other suggestions?