PDA

View Full Version : Cleaner WAX which one to choose?

Pages : [1] 2

Derek Short
12-31-2011, 11:06 AM
Ive got some different types of polishes, compounds, waxes, etc. but im looking for a 1 step cleaner wax for when im detailing other peoples cars and they just want a all in 1 cleaner wax vs paying for doing a full paint correction.

i was looking at the Meguiars glaze #6 it seems to be decent from the reviews but i'd like to get some of your guys input as well.

also should i follow up with another product after applying a cleaner wax?

here is a link to the cleaner wax im looking at.
Meguiars #6 Cleaner/Wax cleans and protects in one step! This liquid car wax is superior to other liquid cleaner waxes because its by Meguiars. (http://www.autogeek.net/meg6clean.html)

thanks for the help.

1 more thing,
im currently using the souveran paste wax and was thinking about purchasing some fuzion. but wanted to know the difference between the 2 besides the price difference lol.
more glossy? or what?

richy
12-31-2011, 11:25 AM
Duragloss 501

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BobbyG
12-31-2011, 11:28 AM
Meguiar's D151

I like this because it cleans, polishes, and removes minor surface defects.

"Meguiar's Paint Reconditioning Cream D151 is aggressive enough to remove severe defects, yet gentle enough to produce a durable swirl free finish. Change Meguiar's Paint Reconditioning Cream D151's performance by simply adjusting your method of application. Change from a cutting pad to a light cutting pad, for example, to remove imperfections without holograms. Use the Meguiar's G110 Dual Action Polisher for light defect removal and a rotary buffer for heavier paint correction. Meguiar's Paint Reconditioning Cream D151 is the fully adjustable polish!"

Capa1970
12-31-2011, 11:29 AM
+2 Duragloss 501, and it lasts me +6 months.

Setec Astronomy
12-31-2011, 11:34 AM
I used #6 (and #12) for a long time, but you really want something like the aforementioned Duragloss 501, or Optimum Poli-Seal or their new GPS. The Meg's cleaner waxes are good but they stain trim like a mofo.

Derek Short
12-31-2011, 11:46 AM
Awesome! thanks guys for all the info. i will be doing more research and looking into those waxes that were mentioned.

more info and suggestions welcomed!
also still looking for some info on Souveran VS Fuzion wax

toycar18
12-31-2011, 12:00 PM
What about a All-in-One - polish, cleaner and sealer?

XMT 360 (http://www.autogeek.net/xmt-360.html)

I believe there is an AIO product that has wax instead of sealer

pfix
12-31-2011, 12:06 PM
DG 501 is hard to beat for cleaning ability, protection and looks. It is very affordable and you will not be disappointed with this product.

I also use Optimum Poli-Seal and I like it as well, but I prefer the 501.

toycar18
12-31-2011, 12:07 PM
also still looking for some info on Souveran VS Fuzion wax

Souveran is just a standard carnauba wax that look fantastic on dark cars. More of a warm deep glow to the finish like most waxes. I use on a black 4runner.

Fuzion - is a blend of carnauba and polymers (like sealant) that looks fantastic but different than carnauba. It has more of a wet, glossy look. More like a sealant than a wax or a blend of the two. Fuzion will last several months longer because of the polymers versus Souveran.

shoeless89
12-31-2011, 12:39 PM
Xmt360 ftw!

Derek Short
12-31-2011, 12:49 PM
Souveran is just a standard carnauba wax that look fantastic on dark cars. More of a warm deep glow to the finish like most waxes. I use on a black 4runner.

Fuzion - is a blend of carnauba and polymers (like sealant) that looks fantastic but different than carnauba. It has more of a wet, glossy look. More like a sealant than a wax or a blend of the two. Fuzion will last several months longer because of the polymers versus Souveran.

how does fuzion look on ligher color cars such as white, tan, light silver, etc...

with AG 20% off sale im really thinking about picking up some fuzion. but at the cost of it even with the 20% its still a lot. so i want to make sure ill be happy with it. About how many car application will 1 container of fuzion do?

shoeless89
12-31-2011, 12:54 PM
how does fuzion look on ligher color cars such as white, tan, light silver, etc...

with AG 20% off sale im really thinking about picking up some fuzion. but at the cost of it even with the 20% its still a lot. so i want to make sure ill be happy with it. About how many car application will 1 container of fuzion do?

I got some Fuzion a little while ago when it was on sale. The price always scared me away. But I wish I would have gotten it sooner! I would say one container will last you ±2 years. And with the free refill, that's a long time! I don't think you'll be disappointed :)

Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk

Derek Short
12-31-2011, 12:56 PM
I got some Fuzion a little while ago when it was on sale. The price always scared me away. But I wish I would have gotten it sooner! I would say one container will last you ±2 years. And with the free refill, that's a long time! I don't think you'll be disappointed :)

Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk

i just added it to my cart and saw the free refill thing. now how does that work exactly? does it mean once i run out i can send it back to AG or WG and get a free refill of the container?

If so im sold! :props:

Derek Short
12-31-2011, 01:06 PM
Xmt360 ftw!

not a bad price for it either. i think its worth a try...
Added to the cart!

toycar18
12-31-2011, 01:44 PM
i just added it to my cart and saw the free refill thing. now how does that work exactly? does it mean once i run out i can send it back to AG or WG and get a free refill of the container?

If so im sold! :props:

yes! so it is not that expensive per ounce especially with 20% off