PDA

View Full Version : foam gun!!!

trhland
02-26-2007, 05:43 PM
i was thinking of buying the foam gun .after you spray the car with the soap can you take off the sprayer part and use it to spray down with clean water?? instead of me having to take the whole thing off and installing onother nozzel?

Nuke33
02-26-2007, 05:50 PM
I'm preaty sure it has a quick disconect so you are able to do that but if you want just a gental sheeting action it wont work, it is just like a standard garden sprayer

blkyukon
02-26-2007, 05:54 PM
i was thinking of buying the foam gun .after you spray the car with the soap can you take off the sprayer part and use it to spray down with clean water?? instead of me having to take the whole thing off and installing onother nozzel?

Yes you can, it has a quick release on the canister.

trhland
02-26-2007, 05:56 PM
I'm preaty sure it has a quick disconect so you are able to do that but if you want just a gental sheeting action it wont work, it is just like a standard garden sprayer thats fine!! im just looking for a quick way to switch from the foam gun to regular sprayer. insted of me going to the spicket and shuting off the water to change from foamer to sprayer.what do you guys do maybe you have a better idea?? thanks

ScottB
02-26-2007, 07:20 PM
I use a Dramm cutoff switch ... http://www.growerssolution.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/dramm%20shutt%20off.jpg

Whitethunder46
02-26-2007, 07:22 PM
Here's my question with the foam gun. Do most of you soak the entire car, or even just half of the car with the soapy foam and then scrub it? It's not really possible to do this in the hot sun is it? Wouldn't the soap and water potentially dry up on the vehicile before you have a chance of rinsing it?

3Dog
02-26-2007, 07:25 PM
You do understand that there is a lever to switch from soap to water?

trhland
02-26-2007, 07:29 PM
You do understand that there is a lever to switch from soap to water? oh so you dont have to remove the container to rinse then?? just switch the lever??

trhland
02-26-2007, 07:30 PM
also what size do you guys use they have 2 different ones whats the best to get??

JSR
02-26-2007, 08:59 PM
I now have two of the quart ones. One for home and one for boat. Size is fine for either. You might get an extra bottle as a spare.
It has a disconnect between the nozzle and the canister. I use the extra one between the nozzle and the cutoff switch (see Killr's). I also have a 3' piece from a dead hose that will quick connect on for flood rinse. I try to keep metal parts away from paint and it calms down the water discharge from the cutoff.
For the car I rinse, foam, rinse the whole car and then do a section at a time with the gun and a scmitt. The boat is more of a rinse, foam, scrub the fish blood, rinse, walk away proposition. Perfect!