PDA

View Full Version : Both Hyper Dressing and All Season Dressing

Detail_Dude
12-30-2011, 09:02 PM
So, I caved and bought samples of both HD and ASD. This is how I plan to divvy up their application.

HD (3:1, water to product)
-----------------------------------------------
Tires
Engine
Grill (shiny metal, not black)

ASD (straight)
---------------------
Wheel wells
Hard plastics around windows/doors
Cowl (under the wipers)
Checked grill thing under the headlamps - between the fog lights

Yeas, nays or alternative suggestions are all welcome.

Also, which (if either) would you put on the gaskets around the doors? Or, should I just let my Aerospace 303 do the deed on those? Less bling, but perhaps better for the material.

ProMoDe
12-30-2011, 10:07 PM
I only use Asd on tires. I use hd for everything else.

Detail_Dude
12-30-2011, 11:03 PM
I only use Asd on tires. I use hd for everything else.

Appreciate the feedback. Do they ever turn brown-ish?

shoeless89
12-30-2011, 11:21 PM
What are the benefits of All Season Dressing Vs. Hyper-Dressing or vice versa?

ProMoDe
12-30-2011, 11:47 PM
Appreciate the feedback. Do they ever turn brown-ish?

I don't dress the tires in my vehicles so I've never had the brown tire issue. On my customer's vehicles i have seen some brown tires but a very small percentage. Hd is water based negating the brown tire issue. Imo hd is a far superior product, since you can dilute it to your specific need and isn't near as greasy as asd.

sal329
12-31-2011, 02:18 PM
All Season dressing I like on wheel wells but stopped using it on tires and trim

Meticulous-Detail
12-31-2011, 03:46 PM
ASD will last allot longer on wells, trim and tires than HD. HD is good for interior and engine dressing. I just did the wells, tires, and trim on my 11 Highlander about 2 weeks ago with ASD and it still looks good with water beading on trim and wells look glossy black. On the wells I sprayed and walked away on the trim I applied, let sit for 2 minutes and rewiped.

Detail_Dude
12-31-2011, 06:14 PM
ASD will last allot longer on wells, trim and tires than HD. HD is good for interior and engine dressing. I just did the wells, tires, and trim on my 11 Highlander about 2 weeks ago with ASD and it still looks good with water beading on trim and wells look glossy black. On the wells I sprayed and walked away on the trim I applied, let sit for 2 minutes and rewiped.

Good to know, thank you! When you did the engine with HD do you just spray liberally, close the hood and walk away? Or, do you wipe/spread it on hoses and black plastics? I ask because it would seem spray and walk away may leave little tiny dots from the sprayer.

Detail_Dude
12-31-2011, 06:17 PM
Thanks for the posts everyone. After this thread and more research hereon AG and the MOL forum, my revised gameplan is:

HD (3:1, water to product)
-----------------------------------------------
Interior trim
Rubber gaskets
Engine
Grill (shiny metal, not black)

ASD (straight)
---------------------
Tires
Wheel wells
Exterior trim
Checked grill thing under the headlamps - between the fog lights

Meticulous-Detail
01-01-2012, 12:09 PM
Good to know, thank you! When you did the engine with HD do you just spray liberally, close the hood and walk away? Or, do you wipe/spread it on hoses and black plastics? I ask because it would seem spray and walk away may leave little tiny dots from the sprayer.

Sprayed liberally, walked away, then wiped down; didn't need much wiping.

D_Nyholm
01-01-2012, 06:13 PM
I use hyper dressing for all of that. Either 1:1 or 3:1 depending on application.