PDA

View Full Version : Max Wax topped w/ AW

Pages : [1] 2 3

shadybreal
02-26-2007, 02:49 PM
I was able to get a can of Max Wax this weekend at DF, and I was eager to try it out on my Tacoma once I got home. I've never used any paste wax, but I really liked the way this wax goes on so thin and how easy it is to remove. I only did the hood because rain was on it's way. I cleaned the hood w/ 4 and 1 then applied the Max Wax w/ a Meg pad and removed w/ a cobra MF. I then topped it w/ DG AW. This morning when I went out to my truck the beads were AWESOME, and I had to take a picture. I figured you guys would like this one.

R1DC2
02-26-2007, 02:52 PM
Wow thats some superbeading u got there....

Nuke33
02-26-2007, 03:01 PM
Looks good

Surfer
02-26-2007, 03:42 PM
I love AW, you can use it on wheels, glass etc. And yeh it beads like hell and is very slick, I redid my truck over a month ago and topped Natty's Blue with AW.

FloridaNative
02-26-2007, 04:16 PM
I love AW, you can use it on wheels, glass etc. And yeh it beads like hell and is very slick, I redid my truck over a month ago and topped Natty's Blue with AW.

:iagree: :iagree: AW is great stuff!! It really shows it's true colors the day after. Lots of shine. Your beading looks great! :applause: Gotta love Max Wax. :D

Dieseldan
02-26-2007, 04:59 PM
wow that is some tight beading

AL417
02-26-2007, 05:06 PM
Bradley, the beading on your truck looks awesome. Next order I place will have AW on it. It was great to meet you on Saturday.

Jimmie
02-26-2007, 05:26 PM
Picture of the beading was cool. You posted using the DG AW over Max WAX, and then Surfer posted using it over Natty's Blue. I'm confused. Because guys have said how long it lasts, I presumed AW was a sealant. Sealant over Carnauba ??? Must not be, Huh?

Surfer
02-26-2007, 06:31 PM
Picture of the beading was cool. You posted using the DG AW over Max WAX, and then Surfer posted using it over Natty's Blue. I'm confused. Because guys have said how long it lasts, I presumed AW was a sealant. Sealant over Carnauba ??? Must not be, Huh?It's a funky product, it works over carnauba waxes, some even used it over Souveran and liked it. Try that with almost any other sealant and you'll have a smear fest on your hands.

abrcrombe
02-26-2007, 07:04 PM
I thought it was a spray wax?

I'm confused. Either way, it looks awesome shady! I love AW too! and its CHEAP!

Whitethunder46
02-26-2007, 07:26 PM

I just used AW on my Mustang Bullit wheels with metallic flake in them. WOW, I was really amazed with AW on the wheels!

I'm using AW on wheels as my wheel wax for customers. I don't see it worth it using a specific wheel wax when AW works just as good, more versatle, and cheaper.

Surfer
02-26-2007, 09:18 PM
I just used AW on my Mustang Bullit wheels with metallic flake in them. WOW, I was really amazed with AW on the wheels!

I'm using AW on wheels as my wheel wax for customers. I don't see it worth it using a specific wheel wax when AW works just as good, more versatle, and cheaper.Dude, lol, I thought the same thing. I've used other qd'ers, and other spray waxes etc. But my front bumper on my truck is painted a silver/grey monotone color to match the lower body cladding. 1st time I used AW on it, came out the next day and was like "wow!". Flake pop like crazy and had a wet reflective look to it.

Cheetah
02-27-2007, 01:18 AM
Surfer, my car currently has natty's blue on it and I was planning on experimenting with
topping it with AW. I've read that people find that AW will someone mute or have a 'negative' affect on NB. You didn't experivence any of this?

Surfer
02-27-2007, 01:28 AM
Surfer, my car currently has natty's blue on it and I was planning on experimenting with
topping it with AW. I've read that people find that AW will someone mute or have a 'negative' affect on NB. You didn't experivence any of this?Nope, maybe on some colors? I like the look though, brings a slightly darker look to the paint, I know guys that have used it over Souveran and liked it still.

But to really show the look of AW, try by itself or just overa sealant, you won't believe the difference it makes the next day. But really suprised at how wet and reflective my bumper is now and how much flake pop it has, never did that with any other spray wax or sealant.

I really want to get DG #105 as well. I have Souv/NB/CG 5050/Collinite 915, really like the glow #105 has in pictures, would love to see any of those waxes topping it, would be a great combo IMO.

Cheetah
02-27-2007, 01:58 AM
I have AW. I was using it regularly on top of NXT before I tried NB. I love the AW look but I think it's quite different than the carnauba look of NB so I was just trying to get a feel for what AW looks like on top of it. On top of NXT, AW darkened my paint and made the NXT a little less shiny but deeper and better to my eye. After trying NB for the first time last week I was blown away. (still a noob) It's just that I read a few posts from people that said they didn't like AW on top of NB. AW is awesome though. I'll never give it up. I did my windows with it the first time yesterday. Looks amazing. Gonna wax the trim with it next.