PDA

View Full Version : Iron X and chrome trim?

Kaban
12-29-2011, 12:00 PM
The product description says to avoid getting Iron X on chrome surfaces.

How do you avoid getting it on chrome trim that is so commonly used around windows and other parts of the body?

Kaban
12-29-2011, 12:15 PM
crap. I posted this in the wrong section.

FUNX650
12-29-2011, 12:24 PM

How do you avoid getting it on chrome trim that is so commonly used around windows and other parts of the body?

From post #2 of this thread:
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/42651-review-carpro-iron-x.html

Will Iron X stain chrome wheels or chrome trims?

"No, it’s completely safe to use on any chrome wheels, trim, or bare aluminum wheels. There is only one condition: Do not let it dry under sun light"

Some CarPro products have been re-formulated lately...Don't know if IronX has different 'versions' or not.

A suggestion: PM AVI if you have any doubts whatsoever.

:)

Bob

richy
12-29-2011, 01:17 PM
In fact I find it amazing on cleaning the brake dust from chrome wheels. Don't let it dry on the surface (any surface) and you've got no worries.

Rsurfer
12-29-2011, 01:39 PM
The bottle I have said not to use on chrome.

SeaJay's
12-29-2011, 02:15 PM
In fact I find it amazing on cleaning the brake dust from chrome wheels. Don't let it dry on the surface (any surface) and you've got no worries.

I agree I've been using Iron-x as a wheel cleaner for awhile now with no ill effects.

Same with chrome window trim. As long as it doesn't dry you won't have any issues.

C. Charles Hahn
12-29-2011, 03:23 PM

That's because the original formulation of the product wasn't good on chrome. The product has been reformulated but AG hasn't updated the copy in the store.

ShaunD
12-29-2011, 03:54 PM
I have gotten it on chrome trim and even more delicate worn gold electroplating with no ill effects. I just always make sure it doesn't dry or stay on longer than a few minutes. If I don't see it working on chrome or trim I wipe it off with a moist sponge or mf. For wheels though I usually use SonaxFE as I have allowed it to dry on warm wheels(unintentionally) and had no staining. IronX does seem to have a little more bite than SonaxFE at times. Has anyone noticed wheel weights discoloring with IronX? I have had Sonax turn some weights green. Another cleaning usually reverse it though.:)

Avi@CarPro
12-29-2011, 04:09 PM
There is no problem on any surface or chrome
it can dry as well on any surface , just not under sunlight
ironx will discolor wheel weight (turn to green) since these are made from lead. some abrasion on them will remove the discoloration.
ironx and sonax are completely different formulas and ingredients,
even though they change color while working , the chemical process is completely not the same.

Rsurfer
12-29-2011, 06:43 PM
Did they change the formula? Originally the brochure said not to use on chrome. Is it now safe for chrome as I don't see a warning on the label.

[QUOTE=Avi@CarPro;595058]There is no problem on any surface or chrome
it can dry as well on any surface , just not under sunlight

Kaban
12-29-2011, 11:32 PM
Thank you for all the responses guys. I want to order some, but is there any way to check which version AG is selling? How do I know if it's the new version or the old before placing order?

Avi@CarPro
12-30-2011, 03:56 AM
There is no old version at AG
that was long time ago , and from then there was a lot of "traffic" ironx going.