PDA

View Full Version : New product or new packaging?

Pages : [1] 2

mark58
12-28-2011, 04:07 PM
Is this a new product or just a new packaging with $20.00 price increase? BLACKFIRE Midnight Sun Ivory Carnauba Paste Wax, car wax, auto wax (http://www.autogeek.net/blackfire-midnight-sun-wax.html)

embolism
12-28-2011, 04:32 PM
didn't you also use to get 8 oz?

I dunno... maybe there's a refill?

opie_7afe
12-28-2011, 05:07 PM
looks like new packaging that they are charging 20$ more for and getting 1oz less of product....who knows go over to autopia and ask todd helme

tw33k2514
12-28-2011, 05:09 PM
I know the Blackfire line got a facelift with new bottles and packaging. But this seems odd.

FourEyes45
12-28-2011, 05:18 PM
I also noticse the price increase.

ScottB
12-28-2011, 06:46 PM
I dont know the answer to this specifically, but I see rather noticable price increases everywhere lately especially the grocery store. It costs more to manufacturer and to transport ..

TornadoRed
12-28-2011, 06:51 PM
It looks like a kit or something. Maybe there's an applicator pad and an MF in that case (I hope).

Setec Astronomy
12-28-2011, 06:54 PM
It looks like a kit or something. Maybe there's an applicator pad and an MF in that case (I hope).

Yeah, it's got that cute little case...that's worth $20, isn't it?

mark58
12-28-2011, 06:58 PM
I dont know the answer to this specifically, but I see rather noticable price increases everywhere lately especially the grocery store. It costs more to manufacturer and to transport ..
$20.00 more?
At this time of the yr.. it is poor marketing strategy.Once you loose part of the market it's almost impossible to gain it back.
This product like any other is made to what it is by " Professional detailers" and it could also be destroyed by same.
There are many substitutes for any product no one really has that MAGIC stuff that you can pour out of the bottle and it will make your car shine forever.
This is just my observation and opinion.:props:

Setec Astronomy
12-28-2011, 07:01 PM
$20.00 more?
At this time of the yr.. it is poor marketing strategy...

Is it? There are certainly some markets where the more you charge the more desirable the product...regardless of whether the functionality follows the price.

mark58
12-28-2011, 07:06 PM
Is it? There are certainly some markets where the more you charge the more desirable the product...regardless of whether the functionality follows the price.
Maybe you are correct. Time will tell.
If you sell a bag of Ice in summer time for $2.00 and now you try selling it for $3.00 how much business would you have?
:props:

Setec Astronomy
12-28-2011, 07:08 PM
Maybe you are correct. Time will tell.
If you sell a bag of Ice in summer time for $2.00 and now you try selling it for $3.00 how much business would you have?
:props:

I'm not disagreeing with you...but we're not talking an OTC shelf, we're talking a boutique product. There are a lot of people on this forum that think that Duragloss is a LOT like Zaino...yet that doesn't keep Sal from selling enough higher-priced product to keep himself in new Corvettes...

ziggo99
12-28-2011, 07:12 PM
I wanna say this is a kit. They sold something like this at PAC before they closed. It came with a MF towel and a foam applicator and it was more expensive than just the jar of wax. I hope they offer just the jar of wax separate and cheaper.

RFulmer
12-28-2011, 07:13 PM
I myself buy more car products in the winter since I'm stuck inside browsing the net. In the summer I'm out working on the car, riding my bike or doing anything else except sitting at the computer.

mark58
12-28-2011, 07:16 PM
I'm not disagreeing with you...but we're not talking an OTC shelf, we're talking a boutique product. There are a lot of people on this forum that think that Duragloss is a LOT like Zaino...yet that doesn't keep Sal from selling enough higher-priced product to keep himself in new Corvettes...

Well Bro the way I see it You Guys made that product to what it is today among many other products. I am just a rookie when it comes to detailing, but after reading here I was ready to try some Blackfire. Was, as in the past. LOL
Will I still buy the product? Yes when the price is right.:props:
Keep in mind that there are many rookies like me here that read a lot and go on Your and other Professionals recommendations. After all, who else do we listen to? Suppliers, manufacturers, NOT!