PDA

View Full Version : Idaho Teen With Cancer Trades Her Life for Her New Son

CEE DOG
12-28-2011, 10:44 AM
wow

Idaho Teen With Cancer Trades Her Life for Her New Son | Healthland | TIME.com (http://healthland.time.com/2011/12/28/idaho-teen-with-cancer-trades-her-life-for-her-new-son/)

Mike Phillips
12-28-2011, 10:52 AM
Excerpt...

Jenni had a biopsy Oct. 15, 2010, and five days later was diagnosed with stage three astrocytoma, a type of brain tumor.

With three tumors on her brain and three on her spine, Jenni was told her case was rare because the cancer had spread from her brain to another part of her body with no symptoms.

Man that's tough....

Kind of takes any problems any of us has and puts them into perspective...

Life is short, shorter from some than others... it's better to go through life with a lot of friends versus your other options... like squabbling on a discussion forum...

Thanks for sharing Corey...

:)

ShaunD
12-28-2011, 11:31 AM
That is a one of the most heartbreaking, yet, touching stories. Really brought tears to my eyes, especially thinking of why we celebrate Xmas and the sacrifice that Jesus made for us to live. May our prayers be with
Jenni's family and son.:)

RFulmer
12-28-2011, 11:35 AM
That is a one of the most heartbreaking, yet, touching stories. Really brought tears to my eyes, especially thinking of why we celebrate Xmas and the sacrifice that Jesus made for us to live. May our prayers be with

Great comparison. So sad.

SkateForGirl
12-28-2011, 11:42 AM
Very sad story.

alko
12-28-2011, 11:51 AM

:whs:Very well said and I agree 200%. Thoughts and prayers go out to Jenni's family.

rwright
12-28-2011, 11:53 AM
Corey, that just changed my whole day. I wonder if by some slim chance Tad or his son knows the family?

BobbyG
12-28-2011, 11:58 AM

So well said and a poignant reminder of how special our life on earth really is....It's a Gift..

Jesus was baptized to take away all our sins, then was crucified so that we, the sinners, could be saved from all our sins and be free of punishment. Jesus gave of himself so that we may live. Jenni gave herself so her son may live...

Merry Christmas everyone and Jenni, God Bless you....

WaltJabsco
12-28-2011, 12:25 PM
These stories always hit home for me... pretty hard too. I've lost too many friends to cancer over the years. I've had it three times myself and I'm not even 40.

I am glad that child has a supportive family.

alko
12-28-2011, 12:31 PM
These stories always hit home for me... pretty hard too. I've lost too many friends to cancer over the years. I've had it three times myself and I'm not even 40.

I am glad that child has a supportive family.

OMG! 3 times? God is good....there's a reason you are here! I pray you don't get it a 4th time. Sorry to hear about your friend's as well.

timaishu
12-28-2011, 12:54 PM
I lost my father to cancer when I was 9 years old and my uncle when I was around 13. Stories like this always make me sad but at the same time help me appreciate life and my good health.

WaltJabsco
12-28-2011, 01:02 PM
OMG! 3 times? God is good....there's a reason you are here! I pray you don't get it a 4th time. Sorry to hear about your friend's as well.

Thanks. I appreciate it :).

I don't want to make the thread about me but one thing I found very helpful were various young adult cancer survivor groups. These groups are for adolescents and adults between the ages of 15-39.

Large numbers of young adults are being diagnosed with cancer. The success rates for treatments are not as good as they are for others in different age groups.

The "I'm Too Young for This" cancer foundation (I'm Too Young For This! Cancer Foundation :: The Voice Of Young Adults (http://www.stupidcancer.com)) is excellent and if you know anyone under 39 yo who is going through this let them know about it - assuming they don't already know.

Flash Gordon
12-28-2011, 01:12 PM
So well said and a poignant reminder of how special our life on earth really is....It's a Gift..

Jesus was baptized to take away all our sins, then was crucified so that we, the sinners, could be saved from all our sins and be free of punishment. Jesus gave of himself so that we may live. Jenni gave herself so her son may live...

Merry Christmas everyone and Jenni, God Bless you....

BobbyG delievers words of wisdom again and again :applause:

The ultimate sacrifice was made