PDA

View Full Version : Dodo Juice 30ml samples

Pages : [1] 2

cane.mba
12-27-2011, 08:43 PM
Hi this is probably a typical newbie question but here goes. I just purchased a black 2010 Caymen and I'm wondering if the 30ml sample size is enough to do my car at least once to determine if I like the Dodo Juice product?

I think I'll start with the Wash, clay, Wash, Blue Velvet, then two layers or so of the Purple Haze. Any issues With my thought process? Anything special I should consider?

Thanks!

Mike

tw33k2514
12-27-2011, 08:56 PM
You could probably do a small car 3 or 4 times with the 30ml sample.

TornadoRed
12-27-2011, 09:01 PM
I put 4 coats of Blue Velvet (not at the same time) on my wife's Legacy. I can probably squeeze two more coats out of the little jar if I wanted.

cane.mba
12-27-2011, 09:03 PM
Awesome! Thank you, I just didn't want to spend a few hundred to get a product that I wasn't happy with. Although with everything I've read about Dodo Juice I can't see how I won't love it!

RFulmer
12-27-2011, 09:03 PM
Although it's a tiny jar, it's plenty to do a mid size car a couple of times.

umi000
12-27-2011, 09:14 PM
Should easily do three or more applications - I've heard of some people getting six applications from that sample pot.

mwoolfso
12-28-2011, 07:27 AM
Personally I don't consider the 30ml pots a "sample" if it will last for 2-3 seasons; but that is just me. I am on track towards getting 5-6 applications myself.

cane.mba
12-28-2011, 07:35 AM
Thanks for the responses! Makes me feel much more comfortable in trying the product now!

Mike

CEE DOG
12-28-2011, 07:42 AM
Plenty of applications in that little jar! I'm thinking about 4-8 depending on the vehicle.

soloz2
12-28-2011, 08:29 AM
I put 4 coats of Blue Velvet (not at the same time) on my wife's Legacy. I can probably squeeze two more coats out of the little jar if I wanted.

What color is your wife's Legacy? I have a RBP Legacy and was wondering how dodo juice looks.

TornadoRed
12-28-2011, 09:30 AM
What color is your wife's Legacy? I have a RBP Legacy and was wondering how dodo juice looks.

I can't remember the official color name. It's a charcoal metallic which is the darker of the two grey paints Subaru offered in 2010.
Blue Velvet really made the metal flake dance in the sun and is by far the best LSP I've used on her car. I'm going to try Blue Velvet Pro next.

Shinoda
12-28-2011, 09:54 AM
I just put two coats of Hard Candy on my Acura and I barely made a dent. I also put a coat of Light Fantastic on and it looks like I used more then the Hard Candy. I was pleasantly surprised at how much I used.

opie_7afe
12-28-2011, 02:22 PM
i need to get me some dodo samples, im in the same boat as the OP want to try them but dont want to order the bigger size in case i dont like it. anyone know how wide those pots are? seems like it would be a pain to use, dodo should put the sample's into lipbalm tubes for easier application to a pad, unless you have a pad that belongs inside of a doll house lol. guess if i got some id have to melt them and pour into empty lip balm tubes. anyone have some tips of getting the wax out of the pot, can you even remove the wax out of the pot?

pickles
12-28-2011, 02:29 PM
Have done 2 coats of Diamond white with Light fantastic over on our silver pilot and still have wax left both jars.Those little jars are tough to get wax over a large area though.

bobble
12-28-2011, 03:33 PM
@Opie -30 ML pots are approxiamtely 1 1/2 inches wide, I just heat it up with a heat gun slightly and it comes right out and spread on my red pads that way. Machine apply to car.
I got 5 applications on my BMW 335i sedan out of one, so a 30 ml size lasts me just over a year, same with the White Diamond I have. I use both as toppers over sealants and top the Dodo with Liquid Souveran, love that look. Might try the soft waxes soon from Dodo.

To the OP if you're just doing your own cars a sample size lasts quite a while and when on sale are quite a value. I scored on the the BOGO on them a little while ago. That was a great one, thanks Meghan.