PDA

View Full Version : Claying Lube

Fanged03
05-07-2006, 09:48 PM
I have the pinnicle poly clay and ended up using 3/4 of the lube it came with to do my truck. Did I use too much? Also what is a good alternative for lube? I have Meg's final inspection, is that safe?

Thanks,
Brent

joe.p
05-07-2006, 10:58 PM
I have the pinnicle poly clay and ended up using 3/4 of the lube it came with to do my truck. Did I use too much? Also what is a good alternative for lube? I have Meg's final inspection, is that safe?

Thanks,
Brent
Final inspectiomnwill be fine. The bottles of lube that are sold as a package will barely do one car ,better to use more then less to reduce the chance of marring the paint. what i did was buy 1 gallond of megs no touch detail spray and use it for claying..

belcherm58
05-08-2006, 03:48 AM
Final inspectiomnwill be fine. The bottles of lube that are sold as a package will barely do one car ,better to use more then less to reduce the chance of marring the paint. what i did was buy 1 gallond of megs no touch detail spray and use it for claying..

I also use Last Touch detailer. I saw on the Meguairs forum that Mike Phillips
advised you mix it 1:1 for clay lube as it was product with a lot of lubricity
and could keep the clay from picking up as good as it should.

ScottB
05-08-2006, 06:06 AM
you can also use an dilute the Rinseless washes from DP and Optimum as needed. Never used 3/4 a bottle of anything on one car, but it would not harm anything.

MikeyC
05-08-2006, 11:10 AM
you can also use an dilute the Rinseless washes from DP and Optimum as needed. Never used 3/4 a bottle of anything on one car, but it would not harm an ything.
:iagree: You may be going a little overboard using 3/4 of the bottle on one car. I can't say I've ever even approached using that much QD for one claying session. But, it's not going to hurt anything.

I recently started using a spray bottle with a solution of either DP 4-in-1 rinseless wash or Optimum No Rinse Wash for clay lube. I leave the car wet after I wash. Then I spray the panel with some solution, clay, and then dry. It seems to be working out much better for me than using QD. Plus it's MUCH cheaper than using QD as clay lube.

Meghan
05-08-2006, 11:22 AM
:iagree: You may be going a little overboard using 3/4 of the bottle on one car. I can't say I've ever even approached using that much QD for one claying session. But, it's not going to hurt anything.

I recently started using a spray bottle with a solution of either DP 4-in-1 rinseless wash or Optimum No Rinse Wash for clay lube. I leave the car wet after I wash. Then I spray the panel with some solution, clay, and then dry. It seems to be working out much better for me than using QD. Plus it's MUCH cheaper than using QD as clay lube.
Mikey the 4 in 1 is the way to go if you are claying a lot.

SVTContour
05-08-2006, 05:37 PM
I also have to agree on the DP 4-in-1. I used it Friday when I clayed my car and it works as good as any qd, but it is a lot more economical.

belcherm58
05-08-2006, 05:50 PM
I just looked up the forum that Mike Phillips said that Meguiars Last Touch
had so much lubricity he would mix it 1:1 so the clay would be effective.
I had to edit my reply above. I want to make sure this was seen so no one
wasted any product. sorry bout that. I had just read a suggestion about
another detailer that needed to be cut and had that dilution ratio in my head.