PDA

View Full Version : Strong Car Wash/Shampoo??

Pages : [1] 2

Meticulous-Detail
12-27-2011, 06:32 PM
I am currently using Duragloss 901, which I love but am looking for a soap or method to get a car really clean for wax. Most requests I get are for a wash and wax and I want a soap that will clean really well to prep for wax. I was thinking maybe CG Bugs and Tar HD Shampoo. Some of these cars haven't been washed in forever, but the customer doesn't want to spring for the clay or paint cleaner. Looking for something that will really get the bugs, tar, salt and grime off. Any other suggestions?

Looking for a safe, cost effective and timely method or product

Munich77
12-27-2011, 07:23 PM
What about using something like an all purpose cleaner? I was thinking Optimum Power Clean. You could premist the car with it or mix it into the wash medium.

newb001
12-27-2011, 07:37 PM
Dawn? Haven't tried it personally but I think a lot of people use that to strip wax (and I assume it cleans thoroughly as well).

glen e
12-27-2011, 07:57 PM
Dawn is killer stuff - we use both on the marine side and mobile side and it gets everything pretty much down to a bare surface -how about this once or twice and then 15% ISP?

Meticulous-Detail
12-27-2011, 08:23 PM
What about using something like an all purpose cleaner? I was thinking Optimum Power Clean. You could premist the car with it or mix it into the wash medium.

I have Megs APC+, but not sure if it is paint safe????? I know OPC is paint safe and that is one option.

Dawn? Haven't tried it personally but I think a lot of people use that to strip wax (and I assume it cleans thoroughly as well).

Dawn is killer stuff - we use both on the marine side and mobile side and it gets everything pretty much down to a bare surface -how about this once or twice and then 15% ISP?

I have used Dawn before, but have read that it can dry out rubber seals and plastic trim. I

ScottB
12-27-2011, 08:27 PM
I seem to remember FinishKare as offering a more aggressive soap product.

Flash Gordon
12-27-2011, 08:30 PM
I have used Dawn before, but have read that it can dry out rubber seals and plastic trim. I

Don't believe everything you read on the internet ;)

tw33k2514
12-27-2011, 08:40 PM
Dawn, APC+ (rinse of before it has a chance to dry), or CG citrus wash& Gloss.

Meticulous-Detail
12-27-2011, 09:54 PM

So Dawn is safe for all surfaces?

Dawn, APC+ (rinse of before it has a chance to dry), or CG citrus wash& Gloss.

Would CG Citrus Wash be safer than the Dawn and APC+? What about CG Bug and Tar Wash?

Which Dawn product?
Dawn Power Clean
Dawn OXI
Ultra Dawn
Dawn Power Dissolver

tw33k2514
12-27-2011, 09:57 PM

Would CG Citrus Wash be safer than the Dawn and APC+? What about CG Bug and Tar Wash?

Yes it would. And I have never used CG Bug and Tar, so idk...

john b
12-27-2011, 09:58 PM
give ironx soap a whirl

shoeless89
12-27-2011, 10:23 PM
I would go with CG Citrus or a much more cost effective Dawn. OPC is also awesome! I just got some in a couple weeks ago

Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk

Flash Gordon
12-27-2011, 10:46 PM

Yes

SonOfOC
12-27-2011, 11:00 PM
CG Cirtrus is very good at removing LSP. I like it better than Dawn.
1 ounce with 4 gallons for regular wash or 2-3 ounce with 4 gallons to remove LSP.

I would go with CG Citrus or a much more cost effective Dawn. OPC is also awesome! I just got some in a couple weeks ago

Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk

Ted S.
12-28-2011, 04:15 AM

;)
Exactly. Never had any rubber/plastic problems with repeated Dawn washing. It's the stuff the auto car washes use that I worry about.

Dawn is great stuff but it does have its limitations. Like Scott posts on many threads mentioning Dawn: many sealants won't be stripped when washed with Dawn. PL and WGDGPS is tuff stuff. Dawn is definately no substitute for a paint cleanser, but it is a good cheap alternative to a dedicated car wash before a paint cleanser and/or claybar treatment.