PDA

View Full Version : a new trick!

Pages : [1] 2

budinsc
12-26-2011, 05:19 PM
hey guys! i made a neat discovery this week on making the wheel wells look like factory new. when i detail the wheels on my wifes 07 mb i always try to get the fender liners in the same condition but nothing ever worked for any length of time.

this last time i sprayed the wells with brown royal wheel cleaner and removed it with a 1600psi gas pressure washer after letting the cleaner dwell for several minutes. they came very very clean and then i dried the wells with my new Christmas present a master blaster mb3cd which is a fabulous detailing tool for whole car drying.

now for the blue bird from heaven! after taping off the painted fender edges i coated the wells with with cd-2 engine detailer which left a very tough satin clear coat that makes the liners look factory fresh. even after a week of hard freeway driving and 2 days of rain the new finish looks wonderful. hope this helps.

budinsc

Flash Gordon
12-26-2011, 05:24 PM
I'll have to try this cd=2 you speak of sometme Bud. Sounds like a really nice product

BobbyG
12-26-2011, 05:29 PM
This is the first time I've ever heard of this product Bud but it sounds like it works very well!

Thank you for the great tip! :props:

dougaross
12-26-2011, 05:38 PM
This is the first time I've ever heard of this product Bud but it sounds like it works very well!

CD2 is excellent for engine detail. Nice gloss and doesn't attract dust

budinsc
12-26-2011, 05:48 PM

youre welcome old buddy. you can buy cd-2 at any auto store like zone or advance. hope you are still doing well and getting stronger.

bud

soloz2
12-26-2011, 05:59 PM
I like CD2. Not always the best at getting it applied evenly though...

FUNX650
12-26-2011, 07:28 PM
This is the first time I've ever heard of this product :

-In 1997 Turtle Wax acquired Alemite CD-2 Co., a firm founded in 1942 and based in Arlington Heights, Illinois. In this deal, Turtle Wax gained the CD-2 line.

-I've used it, with excellent results, for many projects over the years....Sometimes it's been hard to locate for purchasing, though.

-Recently, AGO Forum member: C. Charles Hahn (Charlie) used a CD-2 product for this project...

http://www.hahn-on-the.net/pictures/M3/ENGINE_BEFORE.JPG

Again, Optimum Power Clean was used, this time at 1:1 dilution, along with a siphon-fed compressed air cleaning gun to blast away the soiling and reveal a fresh clean result. Dressing was compliments of CD2 Engine Detailer, seen here freshly applied:

http://www.hahn-on-the.net/pictures/M3/ENGINE_DURING.JPG

Once the engine had dried and been wiped down, restoration of a factory fresh appearance was complete:

http://www.hahn-on-the.net/pictures/M3/ENGINE_AFTER.JPG

Great tip, OP, on another CD-2 application!!

:)

Bob

Twister
12-26-2011, 07:50 PM
Never thought of using CD2 on the wheel wells. I've used CG Black on Black and it worked great and lasted a few weeks

604_Snooze
12-26-2011, 08:04 PM
is it hard to find CD2 nowadays?

Larry A
12-26-2011, 08:53 PM
To hard to find and to expensive for wheel wells. I use just tire dressing for wheel well dressing . If you can find CD2, and have the money ," what the hell"

Flash Gordon
12-26-2011, 08:59 PM
To hard to find and to expensive for wheel wells. I use just tire dressing for wheel well dressing . If you can find CD2, and have the money ," what the hell"

Larry,

That Jaguar and Mansion in Buds avitar belong to him :)

Dr Oldz
12-26-2011, 09:22 PM
Sonus Motor and Trim Kote works way better for me and it lasts longer IME.

Rsurfer
12-26-2011, 09:52 PM
Love Bare Bones for fender wells.

shoeless89
12-26-2011, 11:20 PM
I've used both Sonus Trim and Motor Kote as well as CD2. I like them both, I prefer CD2. It does a great job and has been my go to product for wheel wells for a while now

FUNX650
12-26-2011, 11:27 PM

What's the Devil???
Imagine that...Saying a Turtle Wax product is too expensive...And hard to find!!!

:D

Bob