PDA

View Full Version : Vacation Detailing

Pats300zx
12-26-2011, 02:51 PM
Well with the holidays over and some much needed time off from work I decided today to tackle my yearly detailing of my HRE 540 wheels on my 1990 Nissan 300ZX. These wheels are such a pain to maintain since they are polished and have a honeycomb type design.

My process was:

Pull wheel from car and wash with DP Waterless Concentrate
Clean suspension with DP Waterless
Wheels are polished with Optimum Metal Polish (blue version) and a Mothers Powerball Mini or AG Red Bufferstick via cordless drill
Wheels sealed with BFWD Metal Sealant
Inner barrels sealed with Collinite 476
Undercarriage sprayed and wiped down with Griots Undercarriage Spray
Wheels installed and torqued to spec.

The rears took me about 2.5 hours and I still got the fronts to do. Pictures of the finished product when I am done :bigups

Bobby B.
12-26-2011, 02:57 PM
I didnt know you had HRE 540's on your 300ZX. HRE wheels are beautiful and I can't wait to see them polished.

http://rimstop.com/newimages/hre/bigpics/540.jpg

Meghan
12-26-2011, 03:24 PM
Pat do you ever just sit on the couch and watch Football? ;)

Pats300zx
12-26-2011, 03:25 PM
Pat do you ever just sit on the couch and watch Football? ;)

I did on Saturday night for the Eagles...a lot of good it did lol

Meghan
12-26-2011, 03:39 PM
I did on Saturday night for the Eagles...a lot of good it did lol

Well Eagles did win, but it might have something to do with Romo's hand! As for Vick, well I think he has it in him but we will have to see if he can do it "next" year!

Twister
12-26-2011, 03:55 PM
Well Eagles did win, but it might have something to do with Romo's hand! As for Vick, well I think he has it in him but we will have to see if he can do it "next" year!

I debated going to the game but I decided against it and I'm glad I did. It was almost too painful to watch on TV

Flash Gordon
12-26-2011, 05:35 PM
Well with the holidays over and some much needed time off from work I decided today to tackle my yearly detailing of my HRE 540 wheels on my 1990 Nissan 300ZX. These wheels are such a pain to maintain since they are polished and have a honeycomb type design.

My process was:

Pull wheel from car and wash with DP Waterless Concentrate
Clean suspension with DP Waterless
Wheels are polished with Optimum Metal Polish (blue version) and a Mothers Powerball Mini or AG Red Bufferstick via cordless drill
Wheels sealed with BFWD Metal Sealant
Inner barrels sealed with Collinite 476
Undercarriage sprayed and wiped down with Griots Undercarriage Spray
Wheels installed and torqued to spec.

The rears took me about 2.5 hours and I still got the fronts to do. Pictures of the finished product when I am done :bigups

:Picture:

ScottB
12-26-2011, 07:09 PM
wifey wont let me anywhere near the garage and detailing this weekend. She's already planning New Years Weekend too ...

eaglefan
12-26-2011, 07:52 PM
For me, this year as an eagles fan has been crazy. So many ups and downs. Such high expectations. But in the end, they under achieved, changes will be made. However, they swept the cowgirls! Very few things in life I despise, one of them is the cowgirls. Season is over time to move on. Lets go PHILLIES!

Flash Gordon
12-26-2011, 07:56 PM
:postpics: