PDA

View Full Version : What are the best pads you use with a rotary?

zckid
12-26-2011, 02:27 PM
Hi folks
I’d like to know what pads you prefer to use on rotary for finishing or jewelling?
(The CCS or flat or Kompressor pads or any other...)
Also, is the LC foamed wool pad better than the orange foam pad for cutting? Does the wool provide a better finish than the orange foam? (I mean less haze, less holograms and buffer swirls)
Your advice very much appreciated.
Thanks
zaid

opie_7afe
12-26-2011, 02:46 PM
i love the 5.5" flat pads for my rotary they work awesome.for colors i just use orange,white,gray just got a couple red pads for jeweling/waxing thanks to tundra_10 havent used them yet... the lc foamed wool has less cut then twisted wool but more cut then an orange pad, so it cuts good but finishes good too, i want to get some really bad. foam will always provide a better finish vs a wool pad. orange pads can give you haze and holograms but there really easy to remove. heres some links i use often when im looking for pads, they should give you some good information to make good decisions

first one is from fellow forum member CeeDog/corey he makes some awesome product charts and awesome reviews
http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/PAD_CHART.JPG

todd helme from the sister forum autopia made the following one comparint LC pads to meguiars

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x121/tropicaldetailing/af/lcmegspadchart1200.jpg

this one is the one found on the AG webpage.
http://www.auto-geek.net/lakecountrycomparisonchart.htm

zckid
12-26-2011, 03:32 PM
Thanks for sharing bro:dblthumb2:

I want to know how the LC wool polishing pad compares with the LC orange or yellow foam pads in their cutting abilities and finish.

Dan Metzler
12-26-2011, 04:14 PM
Wonder why the HT Crimson did not make it on the first chart?

Rsurfer
12-26-2011, 04:32 PM
Blue 3M waffle pad with Ultrafina for jewelling.
Hi folks
I’d like to know what pads you prefer to use on rotary for finishing or jewelling?
(The CCS or flat or Kompressor pads or any other...)
Also, is the LC foamed wool pad better than the orange foam pad for cutting? Does the wool provide a better finish than the orange foam? (I mean less haze, less holograms and buffer swirls)
Your advice very much appreciated.
Thanks
zaid

umi000
12-26-2011, 06:24 PM
Wonder why the HT Crimson did not make it on the first chart?

I think maybe it wasn't out yet at the time? I believe LC released the cyan and tangerine pads first, and then because there was a demand for a finishing pad to round out the set, released the crimson afterwards.

richy
12-28-2011, 12:37 PM
I use my rotary for over 90% of my polishing. I am very particular about which pads I use. For heavy correction, I use black wool TufBuf pads. For less aggressive polishing, I use the Buff & Shine foam pads. Yellow for correcting and green or white for finessing. I use either 5.5 or 4" sizes. There's way, way too much hype about pads. I've been disappointed with a lot of them that didn't live up to their billing. B & S pads reign as King in my books.

Porsche Pilot
12-28-2011, 12:47 PM
I followed Richy's advice on pad selection and I am glad I did. The Buff n Shines have worked great with my rotary.

Pockets@PoorboysWorld
12-28-2011, 01:47 PM
CCS curved face 6.5"