PDA

View Full Version : Sign-up - 1989 K5 Blazer - Wetsand, Cut and Buff - Saturday February 4th

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

Mike Phillips
12-28-2011, 09:19 PM
I am flying out to Texas near the end of January or beginning of February. I don't know the exact date yet but if it's not that weekend you can count me in!

Cool. Be sure to "subscribe" to this thread in case there's a cancellation but I'll also create a mass e-mail to everyone that's posted to it.

That's awesome Mike!! ROFL!

I've always said the Saturn Sky was good for something...

:D

Rencor
12-29-2011, 08:17 AM
Kyle, glad you will be there. I would love to help you with your stang when it is time. I promise I won't take it down to primer!

I can't let Rene take all the fun. I am for sure going to be there since this is perfect prep for when I wetsand my mustang :)

Mike Phillips
12-29-2011, 08:30 AM
I promise I won't take it down to primer!

Then his Mustang would have a matte finish... it's the new thing...

:xyxthumbs:

Mike Phillips
01-16-2012, 11:40 AM
***Update***

Just to note, this project is scheduled the day before the Super Bowl, everyone that's still going to participate please let me know.

Because the panels on this truck are for the most part large and flat, we should be able to knock this out fairly quickly.

We'll be starting at 8:00am and working till we're all they way up to the last step, applying a wax or paint sealant.

:)

rwright
01-16-2012, 12:08 PM
I'll be in Biloxi, MS at the end of January, too bad you guys are out of the way because I would love to hang out for a day. Biloxi -> Stuart -> Hurricane, WV :eek:

Rencor
01-16-2012, 12:39 PM
I will be there for sure.

slimer955
01-16-2012, 06:19 PM
Mike, Ill be there. This is going to be a great follow up to your BOOT CAMP that Ill be attending the weekend before.
thanks
danny

Mike Phillips
01-24-2012, 09:08 AM
***Update***

I just talked to Jay, they finished spraying the last coats of clear last night. Jay said they sprayed 4 coats of clear so we have plenty of material to work with.

If you want to be a part of this rare opportunity you must either reply to this thread or e-mail me because I need a accurate head count.

Also keep in mind that the next day is Super Bowl Sunday, so we're going to start early on Saturday and be finished on Saturday. :D

Jay will be bringing the K5 Blazer down on Friday so we can already have it taped off and ready to sand starting Saturday morning.

Mean SS
01-24-2012, 10:08 AM
I'm all over this Mike !

ShaunD
01-24-2012, 01:06 PM
So if I get a flight down to PBI from VA will anyone let me hitch a ride if I pay for gas:D
Otherwise, what would a cab ride from PBI to Autogeek cost? The ticket would be the cheapest part of the trip.LOL Just need a dog sitter here, and a place to crash for that weekend in Stuart and I'm in.:)

Mike Phillips
01-24-2012, 02:34 PM
Jay just sent me these pictures form his phone camera... these are some of the process pictures, it's already been painted and cleared and ready for us to start sanding...

Starting the body work...
http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/1377/1989K5BlazerWetSand004.jpg

New rocker panels welded in...
http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/1377/1989K5BlazerWetSand001.jpg

Doors, hood, tailgate have all been removed...
http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/1377/1989K5BlazerWetSand002.jpg

Sealer on, then colored primer to sand high spots...
http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/1377/1989K5BlazerWetSand003.jpg

I'll try to get some pictures of it as she sits now...

:dblthumb2:

ponzy
01-24-2012, 05:48 PM
Apology fo a noob question, so how much does it usually cost to join on one of these "projects"? Not that im gonna join now, but whenever im in fl area, i would want to join you guys there :)

Mike Phillips
01-25-2012, 03:20 PM
Apology fo a noob question, so how much does it usually cost to join on one of these "projects"? Not that im gonna join now, but whenever im in fl area, i would want to join you guys there :)

My Thursday night "Autogeek's Car of the Week" classes are free but they are also a simple, casual setting, no formal classroom session.

We're doing this particular Thursday night "Autogeek's Car of the Week" on a Saturday because we're going to need more time and because this truck will be on our TV show for a paint buffing segment.

I do need an accurate head count so anyone that's going to attend must reply to this sign-up thread.

Mike Phillips
01-25-2012, 06:05 PM
Just an FYI...

I'll have some demo hoods set up for people to practice on before working on the real deal for anyone that has never machine dampsanded.

We'll be using 6" and 3" Meguiar's Unigrit sanding and finishing discs for this project and only hand sanding with Nikken Finishing papers if and when we have to.

We need to leave one panel completely untouched and with all the orange peel for the "before segment" for the TV show and we'll pick that panel the day of this project.

:xyxthumbs:

Rencor
01-26-2012, 10:05 AM
My Thursday night "Autogeek's Car of the Week" classes are free but they are also a simple, casual setting, no formal classroom session.

We're doing this particular Thursday night "Autogeek's Car of the Week" on a Saturday because we're going to need more time and because this truck will be on our TV show for a paint buffing segment.

I do need an accurate head count so anyone that's going to attend must reply to this sign-up thread.

Mike, I will be there. not missing this.