PDA

View Full Version : What products should I purchase

fab68
12-25-2011, 08:52 PM
I have not purchased detailing products in the last 2 years. my goal is to prep my vehicles before summer. I need to correct minor scratches on the paint, seal and upgrade on the misc tires treatment. i currently have optimum polish (went bad), DG 105/polymer and 111. optimum wax, vyline for tires i like gloss, DG soap and optimum no wash. i have some old Zaino Z-2/Z5 and a coupe o other products. just wanted you experts to have an idea.
I would like to update my assortment before midnight and take adventage of thr AG sale. what should i purchase to correct my paint, this is the most important suggestion I need. Any other products you would like to recommend?

Thanks in advance

mjlinane
12-25-2011, 09:10 PM
What kind/color car? How is the finish? What is the desired result (DD, show car, etc.)? Do you have a polisher? What kind?

Tire dressing: I'm liking Opti Tire Bond at the moment.

fab68
12-25-2011, 09:25 PM
What kind/color car? How is the finish? What is the desired result (DD, show car, etc.)? Do you have a polisher? What kind?

Tire dressing: I'm liking Opti Tire Bond at the moment.

Two MB one is ML and C-350 2010 grey and dark greay metalic. Paint is in good condition just minior strachts. They are DD drivers but i like them to look sharp. I did not mentioned I have a PC 24 and numeroud pads. I have only sed Optimum polish and Zaino AIO for correction.

604_Snooze
12-25-2011, 09:30 PM
Why not get the whole Optimum line?
hyper compound/polish, power clean, opti-coat, opti-bond

fab68
12-25-2011, 09:31 PM
Why not get the whole Optimum line?
hyper compound/polish, power clean, opti-coat, opti-bond

i did wanted to that. what bout menzerma? i like to have no dust

mjlinane
12-25-2011, 09:36 PM
I have found modern MBs to have very hard paint. Meg 105 on 5" Meg MF Cutting Pad and Menz 203 or Optimum Polish II on white or black foam would be my guess for polishes. I like Klasse AIO and HGSG on light color paints but the latter has a learning curve to it. Forum favorites like Blackfire or Menz PL would be good choices. You didn't mention clay. If you don't have, you probably need.

Wash, clay, compound, polish, seal, wax (if you want to).

fab68
12-25-2011, 09:56 PM
I have found modern MBs to have very hard paint. Meg 105 on 5" Meg MF Cutting Pad and Menz 203 or Optimum Polish II on white or black foam would be my guess for polishes. I like Klasse AIO and HGSG on light color paints but the latter has a learning curve to it. Forum favorites like Blackfire or Menz PL would be good choices. You didn't mention clay. If you don't have, you probably need.

Wash, clay, compound, polish, seal, wax (if you want to).

yes i do have clay. what should i purchase from menzerma? i just want ot eliminate light scratches and bring the gloss.

mjlinane
12-25-2011, 10:07 PM
I have only used 203, 106 and 85RD. 203 may be able to remove light scratches but you also might need more cut (SIP - haven't used - I like Megs 105). 203 should finish down LSP ready. If you had black, then you might need the finer polishes.

RFulmer
12-25-2011, 10:32 PM
Wolfgang twins. Then pick whichever LSP you like.