PDA

View Full Version : Question About Meguiars Wheel Polishing Kit

rweekley
12-25-2011, 07:07 PM
First off Merry Christmas!

Secondly, I got the Meguiars Wheel Polishing Kit for Christmas, but I have a question. I have a 2007 Dodge Ram 1500 with 20" wheels which are chrome claded and clearcoated. The instructions say this tool is for use on polished or uncoated wheels and metals only. Well like I said, I have chrome claded wheels which are clear coated. Does anyone out there have this Wheel Polishing Kit and use it on their clear coasted wheels? Or use it for any another purpose on their wheels? Or should I just return it?

opie_7afe
12-25-2011, 08:11 PM
if they are clearcoated i wouldnt use the all metal polish i would use some normal products for paint, as clear coat is paint. but just a warning the foam is more dense and might leave micromarring on the finish, what i would do is take some normal old polish on a terry or tatty microfiber and do a test spot to be 100% sure they are clear coated, if its black they are uncoated chrome, if it turns a brown/dingy color then its clearcoated, always helps to be 100% sure. if they are clear coated i would return it and get a powerball mini and some polish that is not heavily abrasive such as m205,optimum polish II,ultimate polish,menzerna po85rd/sf4500, or some menzerna power finish

Twister
12-25-2011, 08:36 PM
If they are like the wheels on my Ram then it's chrome plastic.

I wouldn't use a metal polish but I've used Klasse AIO with good results.