PDA

View Full Version : I-Pad for X-Mas

Pages : [1] 2

IID
12-24-2011, 06:59 PM
I went out and purchased an I-Pad 32G Wi-Fi3G,for myself for Christmas.

This thing is BAD AZZ :xyxthumbs:

alko
12-24-2011, 07:01 PM
Congrats!!! It is very convenient and pretty sweet. Merry Christmas to ya!!!

Porsche Pilot
12-24-2011, 07:13 PM
My wife got me a 32 with 3G last week. I haven't used my laptop since. I love this thing! I can VPN into work computer, work on documents, etc. Damn awesome little machine.

glen e
12-24-2011, 07:23 PM
congrats - I own 4 for bus and home use. The 32G 3g is the one to buy. Two cases cheap work very well:

the Apple smartcover+ zum ultimate off amazon
the Khomo back plus cover off amazon...

IID
12-24-2011, 10:14 PM
Congrats!!! It is very convenient and pretty sweet. Merry Christmas to ya!!!
Merry Christmas Alex :)

My wife got me a 32 with 3G last week. I haven't used my laptop since. I love this thing! I can VPN into work computer, work on documents, etc. Damn awesome little machine.
I can see that(not wanting to use my PC).:xyxthumbs:

congrats - I own 4 for bus and home use. The 32G 3g is the one to buy. Two cases cheap work very well:

the Apple smartcover+ zum ultimate off amazon
the Khomo back plus cover off amazon...
Thank you for the heads-up :props:

CaneCharger
12-24-2011, 10:37 PM
YES IT IS...love mine

Ted S.
12-24-2011, 10:46 PM
Dammit! Alls I got myself was another stupid pocket knife. I'm so cheap...

IID
12-25-2011, 01:17 AM
Can someone please give me a lil advise/help?
When I finish download a pdf.zip(103MB pdf)file,it ask me to save in my iBook.When I hit the tab("Open In iBooks") to proceed,it doesn't do anything.The tab highlights from grey to black but it never transfers?
I do have the iBook app installed.

This is driving me crazy!

Pats300zx
12-25-2011, 08:05 AM
The Ipad is amazing. I love mine and can't think of being without one.

Capa1970
12-25-2011, 09:06 AM
I love the iPad2---9 hours of battery life, it never gets hot, and it weighs 1.3 lbs. I'll probably never buy a laptop again and I do own one but never use it now.

glen e
12-25-2011, 10:47 AM
Can someone please give me a lil advise/help?
When I finish download a pdf.zip(103MB pdf)file,it ask me to save in my iBook.When I hit the tab("Open In iBooks") to proceed,it doesn't do anything.The tab highlights from grey to black but it never transfers?
I do have the iBook app installed.

This is driving me crazy!

ibook only recog pdf's not zips...try and import a pdf file - put dropbox on your laptop/desktop and download the dropbox app for the pad - easiest way to get in and out of a pad.

also - change your life and start using a stylus -more accurate and screen stays way cleaner - go to ifaraday.com and buy the "artist" model.....

also - like this site for detailing, this is where you want to read everyday if you have an ipad....search here and 99% of your questions will be answered:

iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting - MacRumors Forums (http://forums.macrumors.com/forumdisplay.php?f=151)

IID
12-25-2011, 11:02 AM
ibook only recog pdf's not zips...try and import a pdf file - put dropbox on your laptop/desktop and download the dropbox app for the pad - easiest way to get in and out of a pad.

also - change your life and start using a stylus -more accurate and screen stays way cleaner - go to ifaraday.com and buy the "artist" model.....

also - like this site for detailing, this is where you want to read everyday if you have an ipad....search here and 99% of your questions will be answered:

iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting - MacRumors Forums (http://forums.macrumors.com/forumdisplay.php?f=151)

Thank you for your advise Glen.
I uploaded a un-zip file and opened it.
I will definitely use your link for learning purposes-
Thank you very much and Merry Christmas :)

BobbyG
12-25-2011, 11:06 AM
Congratulations!! Those things are so cool!

My youngest daughter's using mine and says it's really nice! :doh:

Pats300zx
12-25-2011, 11:07 AM
Does anyone use the wireless keyboards for the Ipad? I was thinking of getting one but was wondering how much I would really use it.

glen e
12-25-2011, 11:12 AM
I have one and rarely use it as you still have to stop and touch the screen to move the cursor. The KB is not made for the ipad but it will allow you to jump fields and so on. But is does connect effortlessly. If you use "pages" or write long notes, it would be worth it...to really be functional it needs a mouse but that will never happen with an ipad...