PDA

View Full Version : Wolfgang Souveran kit ?

mcoccia
12-24-2011, 05:15 PM
Little confused here with the kit. Do I lay the Souveran wax over the paint sealant immediately or do I buff the sealant first then lay the wax?

Merry Xmas:)
Mark

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

ssnobrakes
12-24-2011, 05:31 PM
Apply the WG sealant to the entire car 1st. Then wait about 40 minutes and buff it out. You should wait atleast 1-2 days to let the sealant cure before you use the S wax. Apply to one panel at a time and then buff the wax off. :xyxthumbs:

RFulmer
12-24-2011, 05:39 PM
Apply the WG sealant to the entire car 1st. Then wait about 40 minutes and buff it out. You should wait atleast 1-2 days to let the sealant cure before you use the S wax. Apply to one panel at a time and then buff the wax off. :xyxthumbs:

Where did the 40 minutes come from before buffing off the sealant? I just applied it to my car and went over one side then buffed it off. The bottle doesn't say anything about waiting 40 minutes.

Does this mean I have to do it again?

EDIT: I looked at the AG site and it does list waiting 35 to 40 minutes before buffing. Looks like I'll be doing a 2nd coat tomorrow......or after Christmas. It'll give me another reason to rub on my car :-) I sure wish they would put info like this on the bottle!!!!

RFulmer
12-24-2011, 05:50 PM
Look at the link below to find the direction with the times you should wait.

Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant delivers a deep, wet, liquid shimmer unlike anything you can imagine. (http://www.autogeek.net/wg5500.html)

mcoccia
12-24-2011, 06:11 PM
I am assuming I can drive for a couple of days then wash with my no rinse wash then apply the wax, is this correct?

toycar18
12-24-2011, 06:14 PM
I am assuming I can drive for a couple of days then wash with my no rinse wash then apply the wax, is this correct?

Yes, you want the sealant to cure fully before applying wax. Shouldn't be a problem washing with no rinse.

mcoccia
12-24-2011, 06:18 PM
Thanks