PDA

View Full Version : Blackfire SRC Compound. SRC only?

texan solstice
12-23-2011, 09:18 PM
Hey everyone, I hope you can help me out. I'm new to detailing so I apologize if this is a dumb question but I am a bit confused about this product. I'm in need of a compound so I noticed this was on the new BOGO were it says "Remove deeper swirls, spots & defects in the new scratch-resistant clear coats, regular clear coats, and single stage finishes!" but on the description on it in the Blackfire duo it says "DO NOT use on pre-2005, conventional clear coats. Softer, traditional clear coats should be polished with BLACKFIRE Gloss Enhancing Polish. If you are not sure about your 2005 or 2006 vehicle, you can check with your dealer to see if it came with a scratch resistant clear coat". So can or can't I use it on pre 2005 vehicles? Btw i'm working with a GG DA on a 5.5 backing plate and I have used Meguiars UC, are these too alike? Any help will be highly appreciated.

rider9195
12-23-2011, 09:22 PM
From the description it is making it sound like Blackfire is just warning its customers that this an agressive compound and will need to be followed up with another product. They recommend their Gloss Enhancing Polish because that might achieve the results they want.

Setec Astronomy
12-23-2011, 10:35 PM
When the SRC-specific compounds came out, there was a concern that they would be too aggressive for regular paints, so CMA put that warning on the Blackfire...but pretty quickly everyone found out that the SRC-specific products are fine on regular paint, they just cut faster. And yes, they were kind of the forerunner of the current SMAT polishes.

Nick McKees37
12-24-2011, 07:14 AM
It will be fine. :props:

texan solstice
12-24-2011, 11:24 AM
Thank you guys I was a bit confused, I guess I'll pull the trigger on those as another Christmas gift to myself :xyxthumbs:

Royaldetail
12-25-2011, 03:07 PM
it will be fine i use the blackfire line on all my paint corrections. works great