PDA

View Full Version : Pad and MF cleaning?

Fanged03
05-07-2006, 09:32 PM
Hey guys new here and to hardcore detailing. I always kept cars clean and waxed but never to this extent. I just bought a whole bunch of stuff from AG. I kinda let my truck go the last year or two of school. Well worked this whole weekend on it. Got rid of the swirls and its like a mirror, still chipped and scratched oh well. It is a truck. Oh ya AG Rules customer service was great and thanks for the hookup on my order. Oh ya the XMT is killer, very easy to use.

To the question. How do you dry your pads and MFs after a wash? I'll be washing by hand and using specialty cleaners.

Thanks,
Brent

ScottB
05-08-2006, 06:09 AM
Allow the pads to naturally dry after use, I simply hang them on a bucket to drip dry. As for micro's, I dry them in the dryer on little to no heat, just allow them to tumble. (remember no fabric softner in the wash)

Mike T
05-08-2006, 08:21 AM
What will High heat do to them In the dryer?

ScottB
05-08-2006, 06:33 PM
What will High heat do to them In the dryer?

the heat seems to damage the polyester / nylon makeup. They dont melt but they seem less effective, especially the waffle weaves.

Excessive Detail
05-08-2006, 08:23 PM
I usually soak my microfibers overnight in a microfiber concentrate, the stuff you would use in your washer to clean them, before I wash them. It seems to help out a lot.

easyrider13
05-09-2006, 09:47 AM
I dry my MFs half-way in a dryer set at medium with no softener sheets.
I then hang them overnight on a clothes drying rack. Once dry, I fold and put away in zip lock bags.

I spin pads with my rotary then dry for a couple of days on the top of the clothes draying rack then pack in zip lock bag.

Meghan
05-09-2006, 10:03 AM
My microfiber goes in the dryer, I put the pads on top of the dry. The heat on top of the dryer helps. Or if you are in Florida like the rest of us, just put them outside for about 30 mins.

wytstang
05-11-2006, 12:06 PM
Pad soap and water aggitate let air dry, mf I wash them with woolite then dry them in the dryer little to no heat....

Sleper
05-11-2006, 01:53 PM
I use hot water and Dawn detergent to wash by hand. Let soak for a while and then I rince well and air dry. My $0.02:cheers:

Surfer
05-11-2006, 02:31 PM
Hot/warm water, little dawn, then put them back on the PC and spin some and let air dry.

JeffW
05-11-2006, 03:06 PM
I just throw 'em away and order more from AG.

J/K.

Pads - had wash with Dawn, rinse, shake, air dry hanging from a cloths line in the laundry room.

MFs & WWs - Pre-soak in warm water & MF cleaner. Wash in warm/warm, tumble dry low heat for about 30 to 40 minutes.

Typically have used the Pinnacle MF cleaner and love it. Just ordered some of the other stuff that AG stocks to see how it does.

ScottB
05-11-2006, 05:24 PM
I just throw 'em away and order more from AG.

I actually do this and recommend with the foamy applicator pads from Pinnacle. So cheap in bulk, why not use a fresh one at each application ?? ;)