PDA

View Full Version : Ceriglass vs. DP Glass Restorer aggressiveness

WRXINXS
12-23-2011, 04:00 PM
Hey guys,

Just bought some Carpro Ceriglass to take water spots off my windows. Would DP Glass Restorer have been a less aggressive choice. Or if applied by Dual Action Polisher would they both be about the same?

Drew

ShaunD
12-23-2011, 06:42 PM
I haven't used Ceriglass yet, but I have used DPHPGR with my PC7424 and a yellow pad and got great results. From CEEDOG's review of Ceriglass I would say they produce about the same results with a DA. I plan on using the DPHPGR with my Flex3401 and rotary soon to see if I can get better results than with the PC7424 and actually remove some scratches and etching/frosting.

opie_7afe
12-23-2011, 07:53 PM
in my opinion to remove deeper scratches would be best to get the sanding discs and the glass cutting compound from eastwood, will level off the scratches and polish them out using a felt bob, then i would go to a glass polishing pad with some ceri-glass or any other glass polish, remember ceriglass,DP glass restorer, diamondite glass resurfacing creme is like m205 is to most paint, the eastwood stuff is like m105 for glass but can leave hazing. so you should go over with a glass polish, of course if its light stuff by all means use the glass polish. of course use least aggressive method first and see how it works. good luck to you.