PDA

View Full Version : Argh...information overload

grnbtl
12-23-2011, 03:52 PM
Hey All!

So I've been trying to read up and watch the videos off of this great site for the past few days now and my god, there's so much info that it's overwhelming.

I have a new black Infiniti with that Scratch Guard paint that I bought in September and been just doing the usual wash and wax by hand. Last week I bought the GG DA from the Amazon gold box deal and now I need some suggestions on what products I would need or should use?

So far I've been thinking of:
Ultima Elastrofoam
Wolfgang swirl and glaze combo
BFWD sealant
Collinite 845
LC 5" backing plate

Would these products be good together? Also, what would you suggest as far as pads for the GG? And how much pads of each would I need? Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Meticulous-Detail
12-23-2011, 04:03 PM
Hey All!

So I've been trying to read up and watch the videos off of this great site for the past few days now and my god, there's so much info that it's overwhelming.

I have a new black Infiniti with that Scratch Guard paint that I bought in September and been just doing the usual wash and wax by hand. Last week I bought the GG DA from the Amazon gold box deal and now I need some suggestions on what products I would need or should use?

So far I've been thinking of:
Ultima Elastrofoam
Wolfgang swirl and glaze combo
BFWD sealant
Collinite 845
LC 5" backing plate

Would these products be good together? Also, what would you suggest as far as pads for the GG? And how much pads of each would I need? Any info would be greatly appreciated!

That seems like a great start for a black car. As far as pads most like the 5.5 LC Flat pads or the HT pads. It seems the HT pads wear rather quickly, but most people like them. If your gonna grab a 6 pack get 2 for cut, 2 for polish and 2 for LSP.

grnbtl
12-23-2011, 05:14 PM
thanks inyadreems. looking into the HT pads. man this stuff adds up quickly!!

jekyl05
12-23-2011, 05:27 PM
thanks inyadreems. looking into the HT pads. man this stuff adds up quickly!!

also addictive and fun... enjoy the new products. Menzerna is also a great product to check out. I have a couple of items i am eyeballing for spring.

grnbtl
12-23-2011, 07:43 PM
also addictive and fun... enjoy the new products. Menzerna is also a great product to check out. I have a couple of items i am eyeballing for spring.

thanks, addictive is right. too bad i missed out on the 12 days of deals! :doh: