PDA

View Full Version : Meguiar’s D111 Shampoo Plus or D110 Hyper-Wash?

shoeless89
12-23-2011, 01:10 PM
Like this title says, do you guys prefer Meguiar's D111 Shampoo Plus or D110 Hyper Wash?

TroyScherer
12-23-2011, 01:41 PM
I have not used D110 Hyper Wash yet but have been through almost a gallon of D111 Shampoo Plus. D111 Shampoo Plus is very similar to if not a pro version of Meguiar's Gold Class in my opinion. I have liked it very much. But like Gold Class it leaves a "residue / little bit extra" behind that is fine if you are a nuba guy. But I think it effects the slickness properties of sealants and the newer coatings...

I witnessed this on my black truck that is wear BFWD. Before the wash beading and sheeting was great. After the wash beading and sheeting were average at best. But after sitting out in the rain for an afternoon a day later the beading and sheeting were back to normal. Todd H. informed me that this is common with "gloss enhancing" soaps as they leave a little extra behind.

My friend Dr Oldz (Jim) has told me that D110 Hyper Wash is a surprisingly good soap. And also it has a much higher dilution ratio making it a good deal as well. That being said I am thinking of getting D110 Hyper Wash when I finish off my current D111 Shampoo Plus.

CEE DOG
12-23-2011, 01:51 PM
There are better washes. I havent tried hyper wash but the other is good for the cost.

slickooz
12-23-2011, 02:17 PM
I use Hyper wash in my Foam canon. It does a great job leaving a thick layer of foam on my car. I used it couple times for car wash and a little goes a long way.

silverfox
12-23-2011, 02:51 PM
Hyper wash is very popular in the snow foam/foam canon- lovin UK. That and Autobrite MagiFoam are always raved about on some of their forums. I enjoy the European forums as many products are usually well documented before hitting US shores although hyper wash has been around for a long time.

jfelbab
12-23-2011, 03:40 PM
I've got both and prefer the Hyperwash for its dilution ability. @4:1 it is an excellent car wash. Lots of foam in the canon and easy rinsing. I don't notice any loss of beading from its use. I have nearly a half gallon left of Shampoo Plus and it is also an easy wash to love. Low cost and good lubricity. I was not initially happy about spending the extra money for Hyperwash but after using it my vote goes to Hyperwash hands down. I also have been using it like ONR at 3:1 dilution and it works nicely. Really flexible product.

Meticulous-Detail
12-23-2011, 03:55 PM
How does HW compare to DG 901? I have DG 901 but never tried HW.

shoeless89
12-23-2011, 06:55 PM
I was thinking Optimum Car Wash maybe instead but never tried it

Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk