PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding ultimate compound and LSP's

glen e
12-23-2011, 10:59 AM
I have had good luck both on my boat and car using a quick pass of UC with my GG DA and then applying UPGP. Should I be spraying down the surface after the I buff off the UC? Like with ISP? I am going straight to the UPG but can I do better if I wipe first after the UC?

thanks guys..

Mike Phillips
12-23-2011, 11:13 AM
I have had good luck both on my boat and car using a quick pass of UC with my GG DA and then applying UPGP. Should I be spraying down the surface after the I buff off the UC? Like with ISP? I am going straight to the UPG but can I do better if I wipe first after the UC?

thanks guys..

In my article here,

Miscible and Immiscible - Wax and Paint Sealant Bonding (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/hot-topics-frequently-asked-questions/31186-miscible-immiscible-wax-paint-sealant-bonding.html)

I wrote,

Follow the Manufacturer's Recommendations
The first and primary consideration goes to the manufactures recommendations. If the manufacturer of a wax or paint sealant officially recommends that the surface of the paint must be stripped clean before their product can properly bond to the paint, then you should follow the recommendations of the manufacturer as they know their products best.

If the manufacturer does not specifically recommend that a painted surface needs to be stripped clean, then whatever recommendations they do provide should be followed as they know their products best.

To my knowledge, there are only a few manufacturers in the wax and paint sealant business that recommend that the surface of automotive paint be surgically clean and bare before their products can be applied. Besides these few companies, most manufacturers either recommend to apply their wax and/or paint sealant to the paint after first using their surface prep products which can include, compounds, polishes, paint cleaners and pre-wax cleaners. And of course, sometimes there are no specific recommendations.

Without any specific recommendations for it or against it from the manufacture you can always,

Use your own judgment
Ask for advice from others (like you're doing here)
Contact the manufacture for further clarification

Don't make something really simple more complicated than it has to be... it kind of takes some of the fun out of it...

:)