12-22-2011, 07:44 PM
Hey guys,

Looking to do a one step process for polishing my Subaru. Here are the stats:

1. Light/Medium Swirling
2. Black Paint
3. Subaru Paint is very soft
4. I have a PC7424XP
4. I'm not looking for showroom quality

I have heard from other Subaru owners that I might have pretty good results with Megs 205 and a white LC pad.

~Does anyone know how aggressive Carpro Fixer is compared to Megs 205?
~Would Fixer be a better polish to use if I'm just looking to go one step?
~Anyone have any experience with fixer? I don't see much feedback on it.

Thanks,
Drew

05xrunner
12-22-2011, 07:54 PM
this only thing I have seen with it so far
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-n-shine/44366-very-soft-paint-fixer-polish-oc2-0-newv.html

I say get yourself some Menz Power finish and a Low profile 5.5 tangerine pad.

WRXINXS
12-22-2011, 08:04 PM
That power finish looks fantastic. They say white or green pad though I think tangerine (orange) might be a bit much for my paint though.

Dr Oldz
12-22-2011, 08:07 PM
That power finish looks fantastic. They say white or green pad though I think tangerine (orange) might be a bit much for my paint though.

He means the Hydro Tech pads:

Lake Country Hydro-Tech 5 1/2 x 7/8 Inch Foam Pads , hydrotech foam pads for water-based polishes, lake country foam pads, buffing pads (http://www.autogeek.net/hydrotech-low-profile-pads.html)

05xrunner
12-22-2011, 08:09 PM
oops..forgot to type hydrotech...I have crazy soft paint and lastnight i cleaned up my rear bumper from some marks. Went outside with tangerine and power finish and then we gonna follow up with a crimson and Menz 85RD..well on really soft paint the tangerine and power finish came out beautifully...if I didnt already have the 85rd outside with me I really dont think i woulda needed to use it..so with that combo you are getting some decent defect removal and beautiful finish LSP ready

WRXINXS
12-22-2011, 08:17 PM
I am really thinking of going with the power finish 203 now. I already have green ccs pads. Do you guys think I would be OK using green pads for a one step process for soft paint with mild/moderate swirls?

05xrunner
12-22-2011, 08:18 PM
what green? the one that is more aggressive then the white or the one that is a little less aggressive then white.

CEE DOG
12-22-2011, 08:20 PM
Out of fixer and 205 the fixer offers a lot more correction and finishes nicely when properly worked down. It just came out so there isn't as much feedback on it yet but it's an excellent polish. I just saw people mentioning power finish. I've used WG TSR which is one of my favorites and is said to be similar if I have my names right. Depending on the severity both TSR or fixer are excellent products. 205 is as well but doesn't offer the same realm of correction.

NoleFan
12-22-2011, 08:22 PM
Out of fixer and 205 the fixer offers more correction and finishes nicely when properly worked down.

When can we expect your review? :dblthumb2:

CEE DOG
12-22-2011, 08:25 PM
Not too long hopefully! I'm waiting on some additional pads to use with it in my review.

WRXINXS
12-22-2011, 08:25 PM
what green? the one that is more aggressive then the white or the one that is a little less aggressive then white.

The one that is one step softer than the white pad its called "polishing/finishing" green

I'm thinking one step 203 & Green Polishing/finishing pad for soft paint with mild swirls

ryanmcg1
12-23-2011, 02:55 AM
Not too long hopefully! I'm waiting on some additional pads to use with it in my review.

AWESOME!! Cee Dog your reviews are a must go to when I'm thinking about trying out new products. Somebody manufacture or seller/forum should hire you, sponser or pay for your reviews to promote the sale of there products. HINT* HINT* AUTOGEEK they are well worth it.

SORRY OP FOR THE HI JACKING.

Anyway to answer your post I use Meg's 205/LC HT low profile Tangerine for light swirls.

WRXINXS
12-23-2011, 08:21 AM
Is there any benefit of the Tangerine's over a CCS green that I have already? Also if I get the Tangerine Low profile 5.5" can I also get the 4" even though it has a higher profile. I have a 3.5" backing plate too so I figure I'd get the 4" for tight places.

Mike Phillips
12-23-2011, 09:35 AM
Is there any benefit of the Tangerine's over a CCS green that I have already?

Completely different types of foam. I can make a case for either but it's still going to come down to personal preference.

I do explain the differences plus the benefits and features of the differences in my how-to book on pages 56 to 60.

Also if I get the Tangerine Low profile 5.5" can I also get the 4" even though it has a higher profile. I have a 3.5" backing plate too so I figure I'd get the 4" for tight places.

We use Hydro-Tech pads a lot on our Thursday night project cars in both 5.5" and 4" sizes. I'll post some pics today of this...

:)

WRAPT C5Z06
12-23-2011, 10:07 AM
Out of fixer and 205 the fixer offers a lot more correction and finishes nicely when properly worked down. It just came out so there isn't as much feedback on it yet but it's an excellent polish. I just saw people mentioning power finish. I've used WG TSR which is one of my favorites and is said to be similar if I have my names right. Depending on the severity both TSR or fixer are excellent products. 205 is as well but doesn't offer the same realm of correction.
I just received TSR and Fixer yesterday. I think TSR might have more bite than Power Finish, closer to SIP.