PDA

View Full Version : Microfiber Care

Pages : [1] 2

armorrig
12-21-2011, 11:44 PM
How's it giong everyone?

I know MF care have been discussed extensively before but I just have some things I need some clarification with.

I've read that towels used for compounding/polishing not be cross contaminated with LSP towels. I have dedicated towels for this, but when it comes to washing, would it be ok to wash them all at once? I mean, I don't have a problem washing the polishing towels with towels I used to wash (ONR/waterless) the car, but I may only use a couple towels to remove LSP, definitely not enough for a single load.

Also, can I wash my MF pads together with my MF towels? Both polishing and LSP MF pads?

Your input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Happy Holidays!

RFulmer
12-22-2011, 12:03 AM
I separate mine by color and that's about it. I will wash my "junk" towels separately from my "good" towels but I do mix LSP/Polishing towels. They all seem to come looking like new.

No idea about the pads, I don't wash my "regular" foam pads in the wm, I clean them with the hose and XMT pad cleaner.

Matt
12-22-2011, 04:01 AM
You could just wash by hand if you only have a couple of towels that were used for your LSP.

MI Mike
12-22-2011, 08:50 AM
I separate mine by color and that's about it. I will wash my "junk" towels separately from my "good" towels but I do mix LSP/Polishing towels. They all seem to come looking like new.

No idea about the pads, I don't wash my "regular" foam pads in the wm, I clean them with the hose and XMT pad cleaner.

My towels are separated by use (wax, sealants, etc.), by themselves. ONR towels (by themselves), Drying towels the same. I also have separated them by colors, for specific uses. They are all washed by themselves, or pre-soaked till I have enough to do a sm. load. I want to avoid cross-contamination.

glen e
12-22-2011, 09:05 AM
drying? how?

dryer?

Dirtyrango212
12-22-2011, 08:02 PM
I keep mine all separated as well by color,products ect.. wash them the same way especially different colors but drying air dry would be best if possible if not Ive put them in the dryer many times without issue? The key is low and short cycle times but if its a small load it should dry quickly or do say 10min runs stop let cool start again? And as has been said many times NEVER EVER any fab softener or dryer sheets and they will be fine.

tw33k2514
12-22-2011, 08:29 PM
I just separate by lsp/polish, drying, interior, windows, and dirty all purpose.

As for drying I put mine in the dryer for 10 minutes on low heat and then hang dry.

And NEVER use a dryer sheet.

timaishu
12-22-2011, 09:58 PM
I put them all in the wash at the same time. Ive had no issues.

tw33k2514
12-22-2011, 10:25 PM
I've been having static, not so soft problems lately. Think I should switch to a microfiber detergent like microrestore? Right now I use regular Tide.

Robert8194
12-22-2011, 10:32 PM
I've been having static, not so soft problems lately. Think I should switch to a microfiber detergent like microrestore? Right now I use regular Tide.

Are you adding vinegar to the rinse? I use the DP microfiber cleaner with white vinegar in the rinse. No problems with that process so far.

ProMoDe
12-22-2011, 10:40 PM
Micro restore works great, and so does pinnacle. regular tide might be 'causing the not so soft issue. If I use detergent it's some kind of "free."

shrtbull
Are you adding vinegar to the rinse? I use the DP microfiber cleaner with white vinegar in the rinse. No problems with that process so far.

:iagree:

tw33k2514

No, I will have to give that a shot.

mikep288
12-22-2011, 10:50 PM
:iagree:

:iagree: X 2 , I use the same method.

Jimmie
12-22-2011, 11:24 PM
Polish towels, and LSP towels get washed together. The ones that I'll separate are my LSP (remove), and ww drying/glass. The drying towels seem to get clogged when exposed to wax, and don't pick up water as well. It's usually a simple fix to wash them again by themselves.