PDA

View Full Version : Someone will understand my madness!

Pages : [1] 2

LSUFAN
12-21-2011, 10:38 PM
Well tonight was my girlfriends Christmas party at Ruth Chris Steak House. So after polishing up my shoes that i only wear twice a year i said i was going to put a coat of Fuzion on them. Should of seen the look on her face when i told her it was priceless :confused: so while i was outside doing a quick ONR wash an vac of the car i put on a coat of Fuzion on my shoes. Added a bit of gloss to them an just so happen we went out afterwords an someone spilled a Crown and Coke on my shoes and it just beaded and slide right off :dblthumb2:. sorry pics are not so good taking with the phone inside the detail trailer at almost dark. Just wondering what else people have put a coat of wax on and have had decent results.

RFulmer
12-21-2011, 11:11 PM
I put a coat of Natty's Blue on the washing machine today, after a round of polish :-) ....does that count for anything. So far I have put Natty's blue on the washing machine, water heater, lawn mower, power meter box and anything else painted that would sit still long enough.

I have Fuzion but I didn't want to "waste" it on the WM. Natty's is rather inexpensive for stuff like this.

My wife came in and said...."why didn't you do the dryer?"

A-train
12-21-2011, 11:17 PM
too funny. Not wax, but I put 303 on my outside garbage can.

Billand
12-21-2011, 11:35 PM
We just had our water heater go out so I had to drain all the water in the house so I put sealant on everything toilets sinks shower. I home it makes cleaning easier. Glass sealer on all my indoor and out door glass to.

armorrig
12-21-2011, 11:47 PM
hahaha you guys are awesome!!!

I'll have to try some products on my household/clothing items now...

weavers
12-21-2011, 11:53 PM
try using shoe trees. also use your DA to polish your shoes

Bacon
12-22-2011, 12:38 AM
the only one that needs to understand your madness, is the one that matters....everything else doesn't matter!

Chris's FX4
12-22-2011, 12:46 AM
I've put wax on my lawn mowers, generator, snow blower, and R/C cars with good results.

May have to do some of the other items mentioned in this thread.:buffing:

weavers
12-22-2011, 02:00 AM
^ I did a little clean up my lawn mower this summer. I worked ultimate compound by hand(the mower had some oxidation) the finished up with some collnite 845 wax. Also did an oil change, spark plug, air filter the lot. only thing i didn't do was change for a new blade or sharpen the old one. I was well proud of myself. Still a new blade would of made the biggest difference. I wasn't up to using my DA on the mower.

Rsurfer
12-22-2011, 02:16 AM
You need to clay and compound before LSP.
Well tonight was my girlfriends Christmas party at Ruth Chris Steak House. So after polishing up my shoes that i only wear twice a year i said i was going to put a coat of Fuzion on them. Should of seen the look on her face when i told her it was priceless :confused: so while i was outside doing a quick ONR wash an vac of the car i put on a coat of Fuzion on my shoes. Added a bit of gloss to them an just so happen we went out afterwords an someone spilled a Crown and Coke on my shoes and it just beaded and slide right off :dblthumb2:. sorry pics are not so good taking with the phone inside the detail trailer at almost dark. Just wondering what else people have put a coat of wax on and have had decent results.

BobbyG
12-22-2011, 07:11 AM
Sir, why don't you put down the wax and microfiber towel and step back from the computer.

opie_7afe
12-22-2011, 07:53 AM
HAHAHA ive put my waxes to use inside the house and on a bunch of other items, truly a multipurpose product waxes are.i use WGDGPS on my bathroom mirror stays much cleaner now....heck i even used my rotary and m105/205 to polish some game disc's for these little kids my wife babysits from time to time(their mother don't have much extra cash to replace the games) worked great though....you know your an autogeek when you find anything to test new products on because its too cold outside!!!!

JeepGeek87
12-22-2011, 09:22 AM
And I thought I was the only one. . .glad I'm not the only one. Funny this should come up. Just last night I put a coat of Griot's One-Step Sealant & a coat of Natty's Red on the washing machine & dryer (trying to cover up the swirls on the tops). Didn't want to waste the DoDo Juice or other good stuff. While I was doing this I was just hoping that my wife and/or kids didn't come downstairs and see what was going on (everyone already thinks I'm obsessed with the upkeep of the cars). I would never live it down if it got out that I was waxing the washing machine & dryer! My daughter did come down to get some help with her homework - she just rolled her eyes and laughed!
It's too darned cold outside - I just had to have that smell of the sealant & wax. Good thing spring is ONLY 4 months away!
I've also waxed the Lawn Boy, the bathroom vanity tops, kids bikes and various other things around the house.

SkateForGirl
12-22-2011, 12:19 PM
Lol this reminds me of when I purchased my first LG 47" LCD 2 years ago. I waxed the black edges and the base to make it look nicer and it definitely shined a lot better then without it.

andrew b
12-22-2011, 12:24 PM
PC7424 and KAIO in the bathrooms....shower, counter, sinks, fixtures...all shiny and slick and easy to clean.