PDA

View Full Version : Any Mustang History Buffs? Guess what makes this GT350 unique?

Pages : [1] 2

Mike Phillips
12-21-2011, 11:51 AM
Any Mustang History Buffs? Guess what makes this GT350 unique?

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/1325/3PossibleCarsforTVShow008.jpg

:)

pixelmonkey
12-21-2011, 12:54 PM
Hertz Shelby?

chris<pixelmonkey>:D

Mike Phillips
12-21-2011, 12:55 PM
Hertz Shelby?

chris<pixelmonkey>:D

It's a Shelby... but that's not accessory that makes this car rare...

:D

Soakin' Joe's
12-21-2011, 12:57 PM
Whatever that Red thing is on the rear quarter glass insert is...

SkateForGirl
12-21-2011, 01:02 PM
Its a fastback? Didn't Mach 1's come in fastback not Shelbys?

BobbyG
12-21-2011, 01:06 PM
It's the first White one I've seen......

alko
12-21-2011, 01:07 PM
this was your first ride?

Chris's FX4
12-21-2011, 01:12 PM

:iagree:

I found a pic online of another with that red thing and the car also had a unique looking front lip.

Its a fastback? Didn't Mach 1's come in fastback not Shelbys?

Shelby's were fastbacks.

Mike Phillips
12-21-2011, 01:19 PM

Ding ding ding.... we have a winner...

The first 50 cars produced had this red marker light in back part of the scoop and I think the owner said it was the California Highway Patrol that said lights in that area were not allowed because it could cause confusion over whether the vehicle was an emergency vehicle or not.

I have to call the owner so when I get him on the phone I'll get the exact story. But this is one of 50 cars that came with this option before it was stopped.

Interesting little tidbit of history...

Meticulous-Detail
12-21-2011, 01:33 PM
Beat me to it!

The 1967 Shelby was more of a radical departure from the standard Mustang. Through the extensive use of fiberglass, the Mustang was transformed into an aggressive looking machine. The front end of the 1967 Shelby was extended about three inches with a fiberglass extension, hood, and fenders. The hood featured a massive, dual scoop. The rear of the car featured a fiberglass trunk lid with built in spoiler that blended into the quarter panel extensions. The early 1967 Shelby's had driving lights placed together in the center of the grill and red side marker lamps mounted in the upper rear quarter panel scoops. The side marker lights were discontinued due to the DOT regulations in some states. There are contradicting reports as to why the driving lights were moved to the outside of the grille. Some reports say that it was done because of the DOT regulations in some states, others say it was because it hampered the engine cooling.

Shelby - The Ultimate Mustang (http://classicponycars.com/shelby.html)

Soakin' Joe's
12-21-2011, 01:37 PM
Ding ding ding.... we have a winner...

The first 50 cars produced had this red marker light in back part of the scoop and I think the owner said it was the California Highway Patrol that said lights in that area were not allowed because it could cause confusion over whether the vehicle was an emergency vehicle or not.

I have to call the owner so when I get him on the phone I'll get the exact story. But this is one of 50 cars that came with this option before it was stopped.

Interesting little tidbit of history...

Awesome!!! So do you need my address so you know where to ship the car and all the other cool AutoGeek prizes?

Mike Phillips
12-21-2011, 01:57 PM
and red side marker lamps mounted in the upper rear quarter panel scoops. The side marker lights were discontinued due to the DOT regulations in some states. There are contradicting reports as to why the driving lights were moved to the outside of the grille. Some reports say that it was done because of the DOT regulations in some states, others say it was because it hampered the engine cooling.

Shelby - The Ultimate Mustang (http://classicponycars.com/shelby.html)

Thank you sir! :dblthumb2:

Awesome!!! So do you need my address so you know where to ship the car and all the other cool AutoGeek prizes?

First prize is you get to wash and wax Meghan's car for a month!

Congratulations!

(air fair to Stuart, hotel, car rental and meals provided by the winner)

:xyxthumbs:

Soakin' Joe's
12-21-2011, 02:02 PM
Thank you sir! :dblthumb2:

First prize is you get to wash and wax Meghan's car for a month!

Congratulations!

(air fair to Stuart, hotel, car rental and meals provided by the winner)

lol...Man do I win BIG!!! Happy Holidays, hope to see you guys at Mobile Tech Expo in Orlando!

427cobraS/C
12-21-2011, 02:26 PM
Any Mustang History Buffs? Guess what makes this GT350 unique?

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/1325/3PossibleCarsforTVShow008.jpg

:) I see from the sticker on back bumper the owner is a Vietnam vet.

Mike tell him thank you.

Jim

Mike Phillips
12-21-2011, 02:35 PM
:) I see from the sticker on back bumper the owner is a Vietnam vet.

Mike tell him thank you.

Jim

Will do!

Keep in mind he'll see this thread and see your thank you personally...