PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions on Clearkote Product Application

Pages : [1] 2

Reddwarf
02-25-2007, 09:27 AM
In one of my AG orders I received a free gift of Clearkote Compound Moose and Red Moose Machine Glaze. I also recently made my virgin purchase of Souveran Paste Wax.

Once the weather clears up and I get over this darn cold I want to use these products! Anyone have advice on application of these? I have Lake Country pads. I’m thinking of:

Wash – PB Super Slick & Suds (also a new purchase)
Clay
Clearkote Compound Moose – but what pad?
Red Moose Machine Glaze – What pad? White?
Souveran Paste Wax – apply by hand
Clearkote Quickshine

Any suggestions great appreciated!

supercharged
02-25-2007, 10:04 AM
In one of my AG orders I received a free gift of Clearkote Compound Moose and Red Moose Machine Glaze. I also recently made my virgin purchase of Souveran Paste Wax.

Once the weather clears up and I get over this darn cold I want to use these products! Anyone have advice on application of these? I have Lake Country pads. I’m thinking of:

Wash – PB Super Slick & Suds (also a new purchase)
Clay
Clearkote Compound Moose – but what pad?
Red Moose Machine Glaze – What pad? White?
Souveran Paste Wax – apply by hand
Clearkote Quickshine

Any suggestions great appreciated!
Compound Moose on white (lake Country), RMG on grey (jeweling).
Just my $0.02.

Surfer
02-25-2007, 10:23 AM
RMG is very nice, I like it way better then XMT Finishing Glaze. RMG made a noticeable difference even on white, I didn't notice anything with XMT and didn't like the way it applied (absorbs into pads like water). I'm gonna have to try XMT on a 4" or just a foam pad or applying directly on the paint first, sucks when using it w/ 6" pads.

JSR
02-25-2007, 01:07 PM
Let us know how the RMG works. I got the yellow cream wax, worked well filling in my faded rear bumper.
One thing about the ClearKote stuff is there is not a lot out there on how to use it anymore. I'm sure AG had more than what is on the CK site but I was not watching. Oh well!
I am still looking for a good glaze and the VHG/RMG options sound appealing.
The grey or blue pad sounds right for RMG. Slow speed, no pressure. Agree with surfer on 4" pads.
Good luck

Reddwarf
02-28-2007, 08:52 PM
Thanks for the tips. I'm surprised the suggestion is to use a white pad with the Vanilla Moose Compound. I would have thought an orange pad. I'll use the white!

I'll post a review after I try this.

By the way, this is post 1,000! Yippie!

ScottB
02-28-2007, 11:10 PM
RMG is delicious under all carnaubas, adds some depth and wetness. I use it with a machine and finishing pad, around speed 3-4.

Whitethunder46
03-01-2007, 12:31 AM
What's the difference between red moose and vanilla moose glaze? Which has better hiding capabilities?

Jimmie
03-01-2007, 12:44 AM
Good questions Greg.

Surfer
03-01-2007, 01:46 AM
What's the difference between red moose and vanilla moose glaze? Which has better hiding capabilities?I haven't used VMG but I believe it's more abbrassive and heavier on fillers, might be why some use it mixed with RMG for "Pink Moose". RMG is one of if not the best glaze, I think it, and Danase Acrylic Glaze are tops.

I was kinda dissappointed by XMT Glaze, bought it kinda hyped thinking it would be as good or better then RMG:(

supercharged
03-01-2007, 02:05 AM
I haven't used VMG but I believe it's more abbrassive and heavier on fillers, might be why some use it mixed with RMG for "Pink Moose". RMG is one of if not the best glaze, I think it, and Danase Acrylic Glaze are tops.

I was kinda dissappointed by XMT Glaze, bought it kinda hyped thinking it would be as good or better then RMG:(
Save XMT glaze for your future car. And give yourself a favor - don't buy a white car again. I had a white car, and will never buy white again.

alban61
03-01-2007, 07:46 AM
What's the difference between red moose and vanilla moose glaze? Which has better hiding capabilities?

On the Clearkote site.........RMG is their "machine glaze".
VMG is their "hand glaze".

Surfer
03-01-2007, 01:29 PM
Save XMT glaze for your future car. And give yourself a favor - don't buy a white car again. I had a white car, and will never buy white again.I like white:D, RMG gave a very nice wet glow to my white truck especially topped with NB. XMT I couldn't tell anything and it kept absorbing right into my pad, felt like I was dry buffing. There was a thread on here where some others were complaining about that as well, next time I'll have to try applying directly to the hood or 4" pads and see what happens.

Reddwarf
03-01-2007, 02:41 PM
What I have is the Vannila Moose Compound and the Red Moose Machine Glaze. So I plan on using the VMC first followed by the RMG and topped by Souveran.

I'm hoping to do it this weekend, but my cold that was better took a turn for the worse :( I thought I was almost done but it said "no way!". The Doctor is giving me new meds. If not this weekend then the next for sure.

Surfer
03-01-2007, 03:07 PM
What I have is the Vannila Moose Compound and the Red Moose Machine Glaze. So I plan on using the VMC first followed by the RMG and topped by Souveran.

I'm hoping to do it this weekend, but my cold that was better took a turn for the worse :( I thought I was almost done but it said "no way!". The Doctor is giving me new meds. If not this weekend then the next for sure.Will look wet wet wet:righton:

supercharged
03-02-2007, 12:05 AM
I like white:D, RMG gave a very nice wet glow to my white truck especially topped with NB. XMT I couldn't tell anything and it kept absorbing right into my pad, felt like I was dry buffing. There was a thread on here where some others were complaining about that as well, next time I'll have to try applying directly to the hood or 4" pads and see what happens.
Why do you like white?:D Get black for a change;) .