PDA

View Full Version : So I finally got around to trying out XMT360 Spray Wax

tw33k2514
12-20-2011, 06:49 PM
And I am blown away.

I was not expecting it to be as good as it was honestly. But it goes on and comes off so easy. No streaking, nice shine, has a pleasant smell and just feels good to use.

I honestly think it has replaced my love for D156. I was shocked :eek:

Seriously, go buy this stuff!

alko
12-20-2011, 06:52 PM
And I am blown away.

I was not expecting it to be as good as it was honestly. But it goes on and comes off so easy. No streaking, nice shine, has a pleasant smell and just feels good to use.

Told ya!!! Lol! You're gonna be shocked the whole week! I absolutely love that stuff

silverfox
12-20-2011, 07:02 PM
Boy you know something ... I too love D156 and I too just tried XMT 360 spray wax for the first time... Not sure about durability and its certainly not priced as competitively as D156 but the look is like nothing I've ever seen from a spray wax. The red jewel camaro looks stunning wearing this wax.

tw33k2514
12-20-2011, 07:04 PM
yeah price is definitely a concern. I will most likely try to just buy it whenever its on BOGO or on sale.

BobbyG
12-20-2011, 07:13 PM
Good to hear you like it Ben!

I have 64 ounces en-route and plan on trying some when it arrives.....Santa's bringing mine so I might have to wait until Christmas and hopefully it'll be under the tree...:props:

alko
12-20-2011, 07:36 PM
Boy you know something ... I too love D156 and I too just tried XMT 360 spray wax for the first time... Not sure about durability and its certainly not priced as competitively as D156 but the look is like nothing I've ever seen from a spray wax. The red jewel camaro looks stunning wearing this wax.

I would have to say that this stuff is pretty durable. I haven't washed my car in about a week and a half and it still looks great....minus the very light layer of dust. My car is a dd and the XMT 360 spray wax is proving itself a durable product for me. Rain beads up nicely and bird bombs wipe right off. Granted...I do have two nice layers of LSPs. I have Collinite 915 and Swissvax Concorso on, but I would definitely say that the XMT 360 adds an extra layer of protection. Maybe a way to "feel" for durability is to see, when the next time you apply the stuff, how much resistance you get right away with the first couple of wipes with the MF towel (if this makes sense). When I first applied XMT 360 spray wax, the surface of the paint was already slick. When I went to wipe down the panel after I sprayed the wax on, it was very noticable how much more slicker the surface got. It will be two weeks when I go to wash my car this weekend so we'll see.

The price is my main concern. I'd love to get this stuff in the 64oz but daggon...that stuff is expensive.

umi000
12-20-2011, 09:25 PM
And I am blown away.

Wow, I also happen to really like UQW/D156, so these are pretty ringing endorsements for me. Now I'm glad I bought this on BOGO, looking forward to trying this out (which should be in two months or so, given the time to ship items via sea freight... :()

Jeff120
12-20-2011, 09:43 PM
I compare most spray waxes to Duragloss AW and OPT, its right there with them pending durability tests. Price is what sets it below but I got mine for free.
Hopefully it warms up on a day when I have some time to try the new XMT soap that I got with it, I feel guilty that I havent posted that review yet!

Marc08EX
12-20-2011, 09:57 PM
You peaked my interest. I like D156 because it's so easy to use, gives a great shine and very economical. I didn't expect the XMT 360 spray wax to be better than D156. I have to get this with my next order. :)

Jeff120
12-20-2011, 10:02 PM
D156=Megs ultimate quick wax?

Marc08EX
12-20-2011, 10:21 PM
D156=Megs ultimate quick wax?

Not exactly. D156 is Meguiar's Detailer Synthetic X-Press Spray Wax. It's the detailer version of the Ultimate Quik Wax. From what I've read, they're basically the same thing but with a different fragrance.

DaHen
12-27-2011, 09:18 PM
Got up to forty-eight degrees today so thought I'd use XMT's 360 Spray Wax this afternoon. After I foamed, washed, dried with Cobra's Supreme Guzzler Waffle Weave Towels and a leaf blower, I mistakenly grabbed the Final Finish instead. Didn't realize it till I was almost done. Both 12oz spray bottles of the two products look alike. The weather forecast doesn't look good for the rest of the year. So may not be able to try the spray wax till sometime next year.
O, well.
But the car looks great sitting out there in the (now) rain.

Jeff120
12-28-2011, 01:03 AM
Something to add about the cost vs other spray waxes.

When I used XMT I used maybe an ounce of product, you can see my review post if you search, where I use 1-2 oz of OPT on the same sized vehicle. So you can factor that into cost as well.

tw33k2514
12-28-2011, 01:11 AM
Something to add about the cost vs other spray waxes.

When I used XMT I used maybe an ounce of product, you can see my review post if you search, where I use 1-2 oz of OPT on the same sized vehicle. So you can factor that into cost as well.

Very good point. I do find myself using less for sure. I think it's just the initial sticker shock that gets to me. The same reason I havnt tried UIGP..