PDA

View Full Version : Using KlasseAIO a second time

BWG707
12-20-2011, 03:49 PM
As you may suspect I'm new to all the different auto paint protectants and etc. What I would like to know is this; I applied KlasseAIO and then a coat of C845. Since that has been applied I've used some MeguiarsUQW on it also. When I want to apply some more KlasseAIO do I need to strip anything, or prepare the surface other than just washing it and claying? Would claying be essential or could it be skipped? Thanks for any replys.

embolism
12-20-2011, 03:53 PM
no need to strip but it won't hurt to add some OPC or dawn to your wash water. KAIO will take off everything

after washing, feel the surface, if it feels like it needs it, then clay

one caveat, if you are using the KAIO by machine, then I'd clay regardless

BobbyG
12-20-2011, 04:28 PM
Wash then test whether or not claying is needed.

Klasse All-In-One is a nice 1-Step product that chemically cleans then leaves a protective layer behind. Klasse All-In-One doesn't layer but if you like Klasse products, top Klasse All-In-One with Klasse High Gloss Sealant.

Adding Collinite 845 really bumps up both the shine and protection and if It was me I'd add more Collinite 845.

BWG707
12-20-2011, 07:12 PM
So it might be just as good to add C845 instead of re-doing the KAIO and the C845?

BobbyG
12-20-2011, 07:25 PM
So it might be just as good to add C845 instead of re-doing the KAIO and the C845?

Absolutely....:props:

shoeless89
12-20-2011, 10:01 PM

Not sure what I can really add to the previous posts besides just saying :iagree: Clay when needed, Klasse AIO will remove previous layers, Collinite 845 is awesome, and have fun! :buffing:

andrew b
12-21-2011, 11:58 AM

Only thing I'll add (Bobby and everyone else are right on in their posts) is that when I was using KAIO and then topping it, I found that doing the KAIO twice gave me much better results.

I know it doesn't layer, but KAIOx2 followed by whatever you top with is awesome, I think the second KAIO treatment ensures that there is a uniform layer of sealant and all the previous LSPs are removed and the surface really clean.

I'm dating myself, but for quite some time before the newer gereation of sealants, KAIOx2 followed by KSGx3 (or more) was kind of the gold standard for sealants, especially on a white or silver vehicle (it's a very "hard" look).