PDA

View Full Version : Any ideas on a good brand for invisible car bra?

zinthalia
02-24-2007, 11:56 PM
Please advice me on a good brand for an invisible car bra. I know there are different ones out there, like 3M tape and Venture Shield, and some other ones, but have no experience with any one of them, so would love to get some opinions. Thanks in advance!

Quikor
03-06-2007, 11:39 AM
Just so you know. When you buy , lets say X pel , what you buy 1'st is the patern for your car. Your installer buys the rights to use that set of paterns from them. Any installer I have worked with can then get any material that you and him decide would work best on your car. Things like paint quality and body shapes can point you in the right direction. It would be hard to choose a bad material from the top three , its just some might be slightly better in some applications.
Bottom line research and Trust the person that does your instalation.

Nuke33
03-06-2007, 11:46 AM
3m maybe?

koibybrian
03-06-2007, 04:27 PM
Cars and car parts vibrate. So with this established. We know when putting on a car bra that the surface has to be clean. We know that the bra has to be clean. If they are not clean the contaminates will act as a sandpaper.
So I would say that if you do then they have to be perfectly clean each and every time. this does not include the flapping or any other extraneous action.
I would not under any circunstances ever put on a car bra even if they gave me a life time supply for any time it rained.

RPM06
03-06-2007, 04:40 PM
Please advice me on a good brand for an invisible car bra. I know there are different ones out there, like 3M tape and Venture Shield, and some other ones, but have no experience with any one of them, so would love to get some opinions. Thanks in advance!

I've got a Venture Shield clear bra on my '06 C6 and its hardly noticeable. I've had it now for a little over a year and 22K miles later I am pleased to say that it is holding up just fine. I wax my C6 at least twice a month and I treat the clear bra just as if it were paint. Very happy with the product.

FYI-I had it installed on my front end, hood, side mirrors, rocker panels and wheel wheels.
:cheers:

ltoman
03-06-2007, 04:59 PM
NONE is the best choice. You can't use a car and keep it perfect; it is one or the other. Enjoy it and be careful, keep it up and use a beater for trips.

They should show you the cars covered in 3M painter's tape.....
A bit too anal for me (no offense, anyone)
Lauren:)

ScottB
03-06-2007, 05:02 PM
At Detailfest, a little store down the road called the Candy Shop gave me samples of the three main clear protective tapes. After seeing and touching them, I personally would only use 3M.

ltoman
03-06-2007, 05:22 PM
At Detailfest, a little store down the road called the Candy Shop gave me samples of the three main clear protective tapes. After seeing and touching them, I personally would only use 3M.

You would tape up the front of your vette if you could get the Playboy chick off of it? Seriously, tape her up???

Stittville Ed
03-06-2007, 06:01 PM
Scott, tape and a Playboy model....................................
All I know is I want to be in on it :D

ltoman
03-06-2007, 07:08 PM
Scott, tape and a Playboy model....................................
All I know is I want to be in on it :D

he will tape her hands together and chuck her in the car. he won't be thinking about the car's bra!! LOL
He won't be worried about rock chips either!!
ROFLMAO
Ed you better stay outta their way - you could get hurt.
LOL
Hee hee
really tho - Scott, would you travel with blue tape on your vette? Serious question.
Lauren

OCDetails
03-06-2007, 08:56 PM
Just don't get whatever brand this one is:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v74/Jngrbrdman/clearbra.jpg

An improperly maintained clear bra is worse than having nothing on there at all. Just remember to treat it right and don't scratch it up or let it get all oxidized. Everything requires maintanence. It may protect your paint, but what is protecting the clear bra?

Matt S.
03-07-2007, 12:15 PM
An improperly maintained clear bra is worse than having nothing on there at all. Just remember to treat it right and don't scratch it up or let it get all oxidized. Everything requires maintanence. It may protect your paint, but what is protecting the clear bra?

I've been using Diamondite Clear Plastic Liquid Armor (http://diamondite.com/diamondite-clear-plastic-liquid-armor.html).

YankeeFan
03-07-2007, 01:01 PM
I've been using Diamondite Clear Plastic Liquid Armor (http://diamondite.com/diamondite-clear-plastic-liquid-armor.html).

Cool, I'll try that on mine. Also, just an FYI, I called X-Pel to find a way to remove swirl marks. He told me for some reason, they cannot explain it, to put a good amount of rubbing alcohol on a cloth and lightly rub the plastic. Haven't tried it yet, but will once Spring starts.

Howard

ScottB
03-07-2007, 08:16 PM
really tho - Scott, would you travel with blue tape on your vette? Serious question.
Lauren

nope ... but if traveling along way might consider some wd-40 or an extra coat of wax (thinking luv bug season)

R1DC2
03-08-2007, 11:47 PM
3m!