PDA

View Full Version : Wolgang DGPS question?

rudyjr
12-20-2011, 09:28 AM
I just received the Wolfgang products that I ordered earlier in the week and I have what might be a silly question. I ordered the paintwork polish enhancer to use before the sealant. My problem is that the weather is not cooperating and I do not think I have the time or the ability to keep my garage heated long enough to do both steps to my cars (very wet and cold). I have used NXT Tech Wax on both vehicles approximately six months ago and was wondering if it would be ok to use just the DGPS to get me through the winter without first using the polish. Thanks, Jim

alko
12-20-2011, 09:33 AM
I think you'll be fine, provided you remove your previous lsp. I have not used the DGPS but from what you want to do with it, I think you should be fine. I'm sure others who have more experience with this product will chime in.

Mike Phillips
12-20-2011, 09:35 AM
I just received the Wolfgang products that I ordered earlier in the week and I have what might be a silly question. I ordered the paintwork polish enhancer to use before the sealant. My problem is that the weather is not cooperating and I do not think I have the time or the ability to keep my garage heated long enough to do both steps to my cars (very wet and cold). I have used NXT Tech Wax on both vehicles approximately six months ago and was wondering if it would be ok to use just the DGPS to get me through the winter without first using the polish. Thanks, Jim

Good question.

Since it's been six months since you applied the NXT and because waxes and paint sealants wear-off naturally just in the act of protecting your car's paint, it's probably safe to assume there's not much left of what was originally applied in your last detailing session, at least not on the horizontal surfaces.

So you could just wash the car really well and apply the Wolfgang Deep Glass Paint Sealant if that's the option that fits your time limitations the best.

That said, when it comes to applying any wax or paint sealant, the protection ingredients are going to bond best to a clean surface that has been prepared to accept the wax, (or paint sealant).

If it were me, I would break the car up into sections given your time limits and do the job right the first time to just a section of the car versus doing get-by work to the entire vehicle.

The horizontal surfaces take the brunt of all wear-n-tear from use and exposure to the environment so maybe wash the car, use the paint cleaner on the top of the hood, roof and trunk lid and then apply the DGPS

The results will look better and last longer. Then when you have more time tackle the side.

Just a suggestion...

:)

Mike Phillips
12-20-2011, 09:38 AM
Just to note, if you hustle, applying the paint cleaner doesn't have to take a long time, especially if you break the car up into smaller sections. Just do a good job as you're working the product, remove it and then you're ready to apply the paint sealant.

rudyjr
12-20-2011, 10:18 AM
Thanks guys I appreciate the information. Jim

rudyjr
12-20-2011, 08:27 PM
Just to note, if you hustle, applying the paint cleaner doesn't have to take a long time, especially if you break the car up into smaller sections. Just do a good job as you're working the product, remove it and then you're ready to apply the paint sealant.

Mike, This was the motivation I needed. I had no idea what to expect from these products. All I can say is you can teach an old dog new tricks! I will never again use any kind of auto parts store type products on anything I own. It took less time to do both steps to both cars than ordinary cheap cleaner wax and the result is amazing! I can't believe that I never looked into any of these products before. I guess even at 54 years old you are never to old to learn something new! Thanks, Mike :dblthumb2:

FourEyes45
12-21-2011, 12:02 AM
Rudyjr.....I,m 69 and just learning how to detail my car and truck....at least trying to.:buffing: