PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use UTTG for

davidc
12-19-2011, 05:56 PM
I do not think anyone has asked this. Does anyone use UTTG on the interior plastc, God knows there's plenty of it. I know they make UIGP for interiors but if UTTG lasts so long on the exterior I would think it would be good on interior plastic as well. Besides it is cheaper then UIGP.

Dave

BobbyG
12-19-2011, 07:01 PM
Hi Dave,

I've found that I need to wear Nitrate gloves when applying this product because it contains Petroleum Hydrocarbon and Petroleum distillates. These chemicals enter the body through the pores of our skin therefore coming in contact with it is not recommended.

You might want to stick with Ultima Interior Guard Plus as it's formulated for interiors...

davidc
12-19-2011, 07:17 PM
Thanks for the heads up Bobby. I did not know of the hazard (Bummer). I take it the interior guard does not pose this risk ?.

Dave

FUNX650
12-19-2011, 07:49 PM
Thanks for the heads up Bobby. I did not know of the hazard (Bummer). I take it the interior guard does not pose this risk ?.

Dave

MSDS, in part, for UIGP
Premium Finish Care
6110 33rd Street East
Bradenton, FL 34203
P: 800 487 3340
F: 941 727 6166
Product Name:
Ultima Interior Guard Plus
Part Number
ULT-6100
Revised Date:
9-2010
INGREDIENTS INFORMATION/COMPOSITION
Chemical Name
CAS Number
Percent

Synthetic Isoparaffinic Hydrocarbon
CAS# 64742-48-9
60-80%

Amino-alkoxy dimethylsiloxane
CAS# 71750-80-6
10-15%

Petroleum distillate
CAS# 64742-82-1
<3%

MSDS, in part for UTTGP
Premium Finish Care
6110 33rd Street East
Bradenton, FL 34203
P: 800 487 3340
F: 941 727 6166
Product Name:
Ultima Tire & Trim Guard Plus
Part Number
ULT-7000
Revised Date:
9-2010
INGREDIENTS INFORMATION/COMPOSITION
Chemical Name
CAS Number
Percent

Synthetic Isoparaffinic Hydrocarbon
CAS# 64742-48-9
30-50%

Amino-alkoxy dimethylsiloxane
CAS# 71750-80-6
25-35%

Petroleum Hydrocarbon
CAS# 64742-89-8
2-5%

Petroleum distillate
CAS# 64742-82-1
<3%

This gives you a good idea of each product's listing of Hazardous Ingredients, as required by law.

:)

Bob

davidc
12-19-2011, 08:03 PM
Thanks Bob. Looks like the same but UTTG has one added, so back to the original question since both look like the same hazard depending on each users bodily reaction.

Dave

FUNX650
12-19-2011, 08:23 PM
Thanks Bob. Looks like the same but UTTG has one added, so back to the original question since both look like the same hazard depending on each users bodily reaction.

Dave

For your reference: Ultima's Recommendations for UTTGP...Your decision to follow them , or not. (YMMV?)

NOTE: My highlighting.

Ordinary dressings can't match the long lasting performance and beautiful, glossy finish of Ultima Tire & Trim Guard Plus!

Ultima Tire & Trim Guard Plus is a new polymer coating technology that can be applied to most flexible automotive surfaces such as vinyl, rubber and plastic. It coats, seals, and protects while adding a beautiful glossy finish.

Key Benefits

Boosted by Polycharger™ for superior protection
The first and only multi-surface tire, trim, and wheel sealant
Lasts for months, not days or weeks
Protects against pollution, ultra violet light, road salts, harmful ozone, creosote, and more

Instructions

For exterior use only.
Make sure area to be treated is clean and dry.
On large areas, spray directly on the finish and rub in with a foam applicator.
On smaller surfaces, spray on applicator and apply to the desired finish.
On porous surfaces, such as tires and rubber trim, allow Tire & Trim Guard Plus to dry without buffing.
On hard, glossy surfaces, such as your wheels and chrome trim, buff dry to a high gloss shine.
For additional gloss on tires, a second coat may be applied after 20 minutes.

Note: For exterior use only. When washing tires and wheels treated with Tire & Trim Guard Plus, it is not necessary to use harsh cleansers and detergents.

Recommended Surfaces

Tires
Wheels
Exterior rubber trim
Exterior plastic trim
Exterior vinyl trim

Bob

Ron Atchison
12-19-2011, 09:47 PM
Shoot the whole interior is one big petroleum distillate. Ever seen the black smoke they put off when they burn? Nasty stuff!

FUNX650
12-19-2011, 10:02 PM
Shoot the whole interior is one big petroleum distillate. Ever seen the black smoke they put off when they burn? Nasty stuff!

Ah Ha....An idea just popped into mind:

1.) Become an Event Planner...
2.) Sell tickets to watch this upcoming attraction:

(As the trailers and pre-event hype have suggested...)

The witnessing of the spraying of the entire interior of a vehicle with petroleum-distillates-laden products...
And then, waiting to see if the old adage..."Like dissolves Like" is true or not.

NOTE:
And being that these are: 'Hard economic times'...Side bets would also be welcome.

Bob

CEE DOG
12-19-2011, 11:11 PM
I did use UTTG on an interior as part of a myth busters test.

UTTG is like a dark body armor for your exterior trim.
UIGP is like sweet candy for your interior.

Using UTTG on the interior it would certainly last a long time but I don't find it right for that application and it is made for exterior for a reason. There's no rain on the interior so plenty of interior products do very well.

BobbyG
12-20-2011, 07:26 AM

Yes, you're correct but the plastics used in the interior is fully processed and cured vs. Ultima Tire & Trim Guard in a liquid state with a lot of capillarity action..

elk42
12-20-2011, 08:44 AM
this stuff will be in my arsenal by Christmas! Bank on it gentlemen!